Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,597 times

Advertisements

I grew up there until the 2nd grade, but am considering moving back with my husband and two small children, and I would really like to know Is it safe? Is it a positive enviorment , small crime rate?, nice people? I just want to make sure moving from CA which isnt really that awsome, I'm just not moving my family into a non- positive or unhealthy enviorment. I want my kids to grow up in a small town where people are nice and the kids are good kids ( i do know there are problem children know where you go! lol). thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 08:02 AM

3 posts, read 9,013 times
I grew up in Brockport , and i would say it's a WONDERFUL place to raise kids. The people are great, i never felt unsafe for a minute. They have a farmers market, lots of restaurants, and even an arts and crafts festival in the summer. I love going back to visit friends in Brockport, and i miss it for sure!

Old 06-17-2009, 06:20 PM

118 posts, read 626,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniii27 View Post
I grew up there until the 2nd grade, but am considering moving back with my husband and two small children, and I would really like to know Is it safe? Is it a positive enviorment , small crime rate?, nice people? I just want to make sure moving from CA which isnt really that awsome, I'm just not moving my family into a non- positive or unhealthy enviorment. I want my kids to grow up in a small town where people are nice and the kids are good kids ( i do know there are problem children know where you go! lol). thanx

I agree...Brockport is a great place to raise a family. I would not hesitate at all to relocate your family here. You are going to feel like you can buy a mansion for what you would pay for a tiny house in California. It is amazing that you have fond memories from when you were so young. It really hasn't changed too much over the years. Wonderful village Main St. on the canal. Of course, Wegmans, there is now a Super Walmart and a Lowes as well and the usual fast food places and a few quaint restaurants and pubs.

Do you already have jobs lined up here?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:27 AM

2 posts, read 4,210 times
Brockport is a small town, not dangerous at all. The only dig on it would be that it is a hick-town, not some ghetto. I would think most people moving to Brockport for any mid to large size city would think Brockport is a remote little village.

I visited there and hit up the night life about 5 years ago. Not exactly a party school or party town by any stretch. If your a serious student coming from abroad I'm sure you'll fit in nicely.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:48 AM

12 posts, read 25,734 times
brockport is great if youlike to party and have fun altho can be borin at times

watch out for crook cops!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by bellafinzi; 05-06-2010 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: too many posts in a row

Old 05-06-2010, 01:01 AM

i agree good sites not scary

Old 05-06-2010, 01:04 AM

a couple new bars since then super walmart now .. i know big deal! def. a small hick town

Old 05-06-2010, 01:10 AM

i got kids in town they are always positively motivated by good schoolin very good neighborhood lots a stores and attractions great people that would take the shirt off their own back no lie great place to live open beaches and numerous things to do everyday for the family

Old 05-20-2010, 03:45 PM

810 posts, read 1,448,900 times
Very nice college town but depressing weather and pleasant but dumpy-looking girls. I went to school there and still go through once in a while.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:01 AM

2 posts, read 11,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureMD View Post
Hi everyone!

I am new here. I am an international student who will be attending
SUNY College at Brockport this fall.

I was wondering how is the place like?
How is the social life?
Does is have places for entertainment?

Thank you in advance!
It tried to kill itself (Dissolve). Does that give you any indication?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area