U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 02:51 PM

56,588 posts, read 80,870,855 times

Advertisements

Business Report: Canandaigua ranks well on new AARP list of best places to live | Innovation Trail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 06:07 PM

The actual article/list: https://www.aarp.org/home-family/you...ive-in-us.html

Ironically, I met a guy some months ago from Syracuse that has been retired, that lives in a condo community(if I’m not mistaken) in Canandaigua.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:31 PM

25 posts, read 35,271 times
Default What's NOT good about the town?

I always thought that this was a great place, and am considering retiring there.

So what are the downsides?? (No need to say "Long winters." I'm from Buffalo, and miss snow.)

Also, its crime rate is very high at 40 points over the national average. Why/how is that, in a town with so little killing? Lots of burglaries, robberies--what?

Thanks for your views.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58Belvedere View Post
I always thought that this was a great place, and am considering retiring there.

So what are the downsides?? (No need to say "Long winters." I'm from Buffalo, and miss snow.)

Also, its crime rate is very high at 40 points over the national average. Why/how is that, in a town with so little killing? Lots of burglaries, robberies--what?

Thanks for your views.
Crime can be caused by being a retail center for an area and in turn, can skew the overall rate. So, a lot of that is likely property crime related.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:36 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,337,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Crime can be caused by being a retail center for an area and in turn, can skew the overall rate. So, a lot of that is likely property crime related.

Seriously??? Retail does not cause crime. A criminal mindset causes crime. It's not my fault that causes crime. That is the mindset of the liberals which NYS has way too much of.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Seriously??? Retail does not cause crime. A criminal mindset causes crime. It's not my fault that causes crime. That is the mindset of the liberals which NYS has way too much of.
What are you talking about? Did you actually read what I wrote? By the way, don’t play that “liberal/conservative” mess with me, as I’ve never politicize everything like other posters on here do.

My point is that if a place is a retail center, it is likely to have some thefts/property related crime. In turn, that is likely the thing that skews the crime in Canandaigua, given that it is a retail center for its surrounding area. In fact, while a little old, you’ll notice that this information illustrates that point: Canandaigua, NY Crime and Crime Rate - USA.com™

Hopefully, this will clear things up.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:10 PM

A couple of rentals: https://www.dlhproperties.net/proper...artment-homes/

https://www.dlhproperties.net/proper...ide-townhomes/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or