Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 07:41 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,444,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keebs05 View Post
Yep, you nailed it. It's closer to Olympia and Buckman Heights schools.
If it's the neighborhood north of Stoneridge Plaza, that's where I grew up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 07:15 AM

1 posts, read 695 times
Post Paxos is the best place to Travel !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyfada Beach Villas View Post
It’s amazing to imagine yourself at a tranquil beach in the surroundings of beautiful nature with a cocktail in hand. What a wonderful feeling it would be in real? Well, you can make it possible if you have ever heard of an undiscovered Greek Island of Paxos in the Ionian Sea. Covered with olive groves and azure ocean, the island is incredibly beautiful with picturesque setting.
:):):)

Old 08-27-2018, 08:29 AM

93,164 posts, read 123,754,884 times
^Wrong Greece...

Old 09-27-2018, 08:29 PM

8,475 posts, read 4,722,080 times
My sisters-in-law live in Greece, and I've visited a few times. I usually stay at the one sister-in-law's house in Greece right off of where Ridge Rd. and Long Pond intersect.

So while I don't live there, I am likely to in the next few years and my radar is always up.

My impression of it is that it's a fairly quiet place to be in the subdivisions. People are neighborly as heck and they regularly have neighbors over for some beers and barbecuing. It also seems very close to shopping, and frankly nothing feels all that far away in Rochester metro. I've visited a few parks in the area (no, I cannot remember the names), but one was north off of Long Pond. There's also a YMCA a few minutes' drive away which has summer camps and stuff. Basically, if suburbs are your jam, it's a pretty good one.

Negatives? Not as many as I'd have thought. I have been in the brutal winter stuff a couple of times (highs around 5*F and fresh snow), and if you (like me) grew up in California or (also like me) live in the South, I don't anticipate much fun in winter. Also, they seem to have this weird aversion to good fences for the back yard. I feel a bit spied upon when I'm hanging out in the back yard. The housing stock is aging by now. I believe the house I stay at was built in the 1950s and although it is well insulated and cozy even during winter, you definitely don't have the option of sneaking around on the creaky floors. Yeah, I'm reaching a bit. You'll have to do your own research regarding the job market and taxation, etc., since what I hear is not terribly encouraging but I also don't have firsthand knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area