Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 09:43 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,817,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A14626mom View Post
You don't live in Monroe County. We're talking about an area known as "Black Creek" not necessarily a body of water or a state park, which as far as I know Monroe County does not have any state parks in it. 33A and 252 is a stop sign only for 252 last I checked. Since when is there a road opposite of 252? Its always been a Y intersection for as far as I can recall, never an all way let alone a 4 way.

Well I do in fact live in Monroe County. Not sure where you came to the conclusion I didn't live in Monroe country. Nor did I ever say Black Creek was a state park. Black Creek is a body of water and Black Creek Park is a park ran by the county.

Also, you are correct on 33A and 252, my apologies. It is a Y intersection with only a stop sign for 252. I was thinking of 252 and 386 (right before 33A and 252).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 10:02 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,093,071 times
I always thought Chili was a nice town. The only area I've ever heard anyone say anything negative about is the small neighborhood near the intersection of 252 and 383

Old 01-09-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
I always thought Chili was a nice town. The only area I've ever heard anyone say anything negative about is the small neighborhood near the intersection of 252 and 383
JW, I’m assuming you’re talking about Cedars of Chili? These are income based townhomes and yes I would agree with you there. However I lived right across the street at Blueberry Hill (which are very nice) and never had any issues whatsoever. Also if you go right across the intersection of 252 and 383 there are brand new half million dollar + new homes. So I would say any negative parts of Chili are very concentrated and few and far between.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:04 PM

61 posts, read 50,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Well I do in fact live in Monroe County. Not sure where you came to the conclusion I didn't live in Monroe country. Nor did I ever say Black Creek was a state park. Black Creek is a body of water and Black Creek Park is a park ran by the county.

Also, you are correct on 33A and 252, my apologies. It is a Y intersection with only a stop sign for 252. I was thinking of 252 and 386 (right before 33A and 252).
Again, I was talking about an area known as "Black Creek" that isn't a body of water it is a neighborhood in Chili which is near the intersection you have now acknowledged is indeed a Y intersection. a "park ran by the county" makes me think you're considering a playground funded by county taxpayers is in the vicinity. I never said there wasn't a county-funded playground in Chili, if there is maybe install some surveillance cameras to make sure the people who visit the playground are safe.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Again, I was talking about an area known as "Black Creek" that isn't a body of water it is a neighborhood in Chili which is near the intersection you have now acknowledged is indeed a Y intersection. a "park ran by the county" makes me think you're considering a playground funded by county taxpayers is in the vicinity. I never said there wasn't a county-funded playground in Chili, if there is maybe install some surveillance cameras to make sure the people who visit the playground are safe.
Okay, I think we are on two completely different pages. There is no neighborhood in Chili known simply as “Black Creek”.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:22 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,093,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
JW, I’m assuming you’re talking about Cedars of Chili? These are income based townhomes and yes I would agree with you there. However I lived right across the street at Blueberry Hill (which are very nice) and never had any issues whatsoever. Also if you go right across the intersection of 252 and 383 there are brand new half million dollar + new homes. So I would say any negative parts of Chili are very concentrated and few and far between.

No. That's not where I was referring to. 252 and 383. Ballantyne and Scottsville rds

Old 01-10-2019, 04:34 PM

186 posts, read 135,810 times
Quote:
There is a playground already in the area on 259 I believe. I sure hope there are surveillance cameras there as well. gt87 is probably thinking of a body of water but is mistaken!

Old 01-10-2019, 05:03 PM

93,320 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Wouldn’t avoid Chili...

Old 01-13-2019, 03:03 PM

61 posts, read 50,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres4evR View Post
There is a playground already in the area on 259 I believe. I sure hope there are surveillance cameras there as well. gt87 is probably thinking of a body of water but is mistaken!
It happens when I was watching my buffalo bills play the Green Bay Packers I thought it was a bay not the name of a city in Wisconsin but now I know better. IT happens!

Old 01-15-2019, 01:01 PM

93,320 posts, read 123,941,088 times
After reading this blog entry from the Urban Phoenix, it is somewhat related to this thread and is somewhat fitting for much of the NY forum in general: https://theurbanphoenix.com/2019/01/...se-not-to-see/

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 01-15-2019 at 01:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area