U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 AM

260 posts, read 866,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Buffalo. period. no questions asked.
This is very hard. Both twin cities of WNY are very similar. Buffalo has a bad wrap which most are lies and so does Rochester. Both cities have very rich history and to this day both cities are very important US cities.

My thoughts is WNY vs rest of NY. We could do fine on our own. Who needs the the rest of NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 09:58 AM

991 posts, read 4,150,930 times
traveled up there after visiting Soccer hall of fame, all 3 rochester, syracuse and buffalo all seeemed like great cities full of history and beauty, I thought Irondequot was absolutely gorgeous and peaceful.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
traveled up there after visiting Soccer hall of fame, all 3 rochester, syracuse and buffalo all seeemed like great cities full of history and beauty, I thought Irondequot was absolutely gorgeous and peaceful.
Really, Irondequot? I have to start a toursit buisness in Rochester that shows off the suburbs! I like Irondequot though I don't think its the nicest burb.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:00 AM

991 posts, read 4,150,930 times
Just thought it seemed peaceful!!!!!!!!

Old 08-05-2008, 11:28 AM

525 posts, read 1,608,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester-WNY View Post
Really, Irondequot? I have to start a toursit buisness in Rochester that shows off the suburbs! I like Irondequot though I don't think its the nicest burb.
I love Irondequoit. It gets a bad rap, but it really is a wonderful area to live in...at least the northern parts. It is also very affordable because of the older housing stock.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:05 PM

1,576 posts, read 4,712,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochacha View Post
I agree...wait, I forgot the topic...was it "Where should I move if I want to be miserable and have good reason to complain all the time...not the least of which is because the city is frigid until mid-July because the wind is always blowing off the lake and population trends show our metro area is going to fall to 3rd largest in NY soon?"
but i like Buffalo. hey no personal attacks.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:08 PM

1,576 posts, read 4,712,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester-WNY View Post
This is very hard. Both twin cities of WNY are very similar. Buffalo has a bad wrap which most are lies and so does Rochester. Both cities have very rich history and to this day both cities are very important US cities.

My thoughts is WNY vs rest of NY. We could do fine on our own. Who needs the the rest of NY.

indeed,

Old 08-05-2008, 04:17 PM

This thread should be comparing Buffalo and Rochester WNY since we are both WNY.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:29 PM

112 posts, read 334,948 times
One thing that is striking about downtown Rochester when I do a virtual drive thru on Google Maps is Where are all the people? Nice buildings, lovely city, NO PEOPLE?!
Creepy in a way. Sort of like a twilight zone episode.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:28 PM

525 posts, read 1,608,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
but i like Buffalo. hey no personal attacks.
It was from personal experience...I lived there for a few years. It was a fun city for college, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or