U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-22-2008, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 4,206 times
Default Quaint Villages

I am going to be vacationing in the Rochester, NY area and wanted to know what are the must see attractions and the best shopping in the area? I am also interested in seeing some quaint towns with nice downtowns you can stroll through nearby. Any help is appreciated, Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 11:42 AM

2,377 posts, read 3,414,659 times
I would try to get to Canandaigua...quaint, nice shops, the Lake..There have been many improvements. Skip Lyons!!! Eastview Mall in Victor for shopping.
I'll leave "attractions" to another poster.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:37 PM

5,384 posts, read 6,774,888 times
You must check out the village of Pittsford... there are plenty of cute shops and dining establishments... very close to the Pittsford Plaza and more shops/dining... at night is very nice along the canal... I would suggest eating at Aladins- outside for a great view of the canal and good Mediterranian food.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:07 AM

27 posts, read 85,151 times
Default Quaint Villages

As for great shopping I like East View Mall in Victor. As far as quaint villages my very favorite is Sodus Point. There is difference in Sodus and Sodus Point. The point is a quiant little village that has two lighthouses right there in town...it is on Lake Ontario. One of the lighthouses you can climb to the top and see the beautiful view. The other light house is out on a pier and you can walk out to it and be out in the lake. Great boat traffic and a great beach and beach house. Along the way in that area are all of the big apple orchards and fruit stands and some unique little antique places. Take the lake road along Lake Ontario for really unique little places for miles. Good luck, PineHollowGal

Old 08-09-2008, 10:36 AM

260 posts, read 637,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
You must check out the village of Pittsford... there are plenty of cute shops and dining establishments... very close to the Pittsford Plaza and more shops/dining... at night is very nice along the canal... I would suggest eating at Aladins- outside for a great view of the canal and good Mediterranian food.
Schoen Place

Old 08-09-2008, 10:46 AM

260 posts, read 637,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokergarner View Post
I am going to be vacationing in the Rochester, NY area and wanted to know what are the must see attractions and the best shopping in the area? I am also interested in seeing some quaint towns with nice downtowns you can stroll through nearby. Any help is appreciated, Thank you.
Here are the villages you shouldn't miss when in Monroe County. Pittsford, Fairport and Brockport though each town is very special those are very recommended.

While in Fairport get ice cream from either Likity Spilts or Moonlight Creamery. Oh yes walk around the village. Pittsford are simliar with things to do. Both extremely beautiful. While in Pittsford for Ice go to Bill Whals or Ben and Jerrys.

I will add other nice attractions, you want to go swimming go to Durand Eastman. If you have little kids go to Strong National Museum.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:03 AM

24 posts, read 53,698 times
As others have said, Pittsford and Fairport Villages have some nice shops, restaurants and strolling along the canal opportunities. You can also take a cruise on the canal from either Village.

Wine tours in the Finger Lakes are fun as well. Have fun!

Old 08-14-2008, 10:15 AM

5,384 posts, read 6,774,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCbroker View Post
As others have said, Pittsford and Fairport Villages have some nice shops, restaurants and strolling along the canal opportunities. You can also take a cruise on the canal from either Village.

!
Go here to see the Colonial Belle Cruise information... highly suggest the dinner cruise...

Colonial Belle erie canal tour boat cruises :: fairport, ny near rochester & pittsford ny :: erie canal murder mystery & dinner boat cruise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area