Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 09:04 PM

71 posts, read 111,846 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I currently own a home in Brighton, but I am considering moving to Pittsford. I have a 3rd grader in school here but I am not sure what part of Pittsford I should be looking in to, north or south (Pittsford Mendon vs. Sutherland). Do most people looking in Pittsford have a preference for which elementary/middle/high school??? I tried doing research online and couldn't really find any major distinctions between the two.

I should also add that my son has Asperger's and he is getting services in school for this (speech therapy, OT, social skills groups, etc.) and I really want him to continue getting these services in a new district.

Thanks for your help!!!!
-Nina

Last edited by NB9540; 12-06-2011 at 09:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 08:01 AM

169 posts, read 474,772 times
You basically can't go wrong there. I have heard from some of my friends' kids" that Calkins is a better middle school than Barker but that's just anecdotal and probably not worth all that much. You should contact the school district about what special ed services are available.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:11 AM

117 posts, read 432,428 times
Hi
I also don't think that you can go wrong either way....but having had a child with a 501 plan for several years and many friends who also have kids with special needs, the overall consensus is that Barker is a better school for those kids....The staff is considered by those in the know to be more approachable and inclusive....the school is known for its zero tolerance policy for bullying and its emphasis on everyone being kind to others....my child has blossomed there in ways I did not think were possible....but truly it is impressive how much the district puts the needs of individual kids at the forefront...we have been quite happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area