U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:38 PM

56,341 posts, read 80,600,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese9988 View Post
Just having a cop driving around deters crime, I'd rather have that anyday.
It's called being pro active and might be a part of community policing. Just a thought.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,616 times
Hey I dont think Greece is very safe...we lost a bike last august when we had newly moved into the neighbourhood.We stayed right across the west ridge road on pennels drive..hehe..

Old 03-14-2010, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,335 times
Default *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It's called being pro active and might be a part of community policing. Just a thought.....
yea i got somthing for your face **** pro active greece cops are ***** i sell weed everyday stand at the corner everyday and thay dont do **** i walk down the street in the summer smokin a blunt and drink a duce duce idc if you guys think greece is a safe place your wrong ******* triple homocide the other day and its been like a week and thay havent found anybody and you know its over drugs their is so many drugs around greece get the **** out of here if you think greece should be 11 for the safest community you guys are gonna be shocked in a couple months watch greece is gonna become the city of rochester and its about to get realy bad

Old 03-14-2010, 02:26 PM

What the?

Old 03-14-2010, 03:39 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,612,635 times
Sadly, he does have a point. Remember when Greece used to be the 3rd safest town in the country? And then the 5th? And then it just kept going up? Why do you think that is? Take it for what it's worth and call me racist or whatever, but the number of minorities in this town is increasing seemingly by the day and the schools and crime gets worse. You can call me racist, I'll call myself a realist. The minorities from the city have absolutely no respect for anyone or anything and it shows. Go to the mall or go to a school in Greece. If you don't see it you're blind or ignorant. It's quite sad that Greece has come to this, but what can ya do? Unfortunately you can't barricade this place like it seems they've done with the east side. I just wish my wife and I made another 20-30 grand a year so we could afford to live there *sigh*

Old 03-14-2010, 05:10 PM

5,265 posts, read 14,885,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Sadly, he does have a point. Remember when Greece used to be the 3rd safest town in the country? And then the 5th? And then it just kept going up? Why do you think that is? Take it for what it's worth and call me racist or whatever, but the number of minorities in this town is increasing seemingly by the day and the schools and crime gets worse. You can call me racist, I'll call myself a realist. The minorities from the city have absolutely no respect for anyone or anything and it shows. Go to the mall or go to a school in Greece. If you don't see it you're blind or ignorant. It's quite sad that Greece has come to this, but what can ya do? Unfortunately you can't barricade this place like it seems they've done with the east side. I just wish my wife and I made another 20-30 grand a year so we could afford to live there *sigh*
Yeah you're right....you do sound pretty racist.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:32 PM

3,234 posts, read 7,617,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
yea you do sound racist and ignorant. I seem to recall that many of the killings were done by white people in Greece.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:37 PM

233 posts, read 594,960 times
Oh, snap. They didn't catch those guys yet, did they? Totally forgot about that. LOL

Sure, Greece is safe...compared to Detroit maybe. In all good conscience, I couldn't recommend Greece to someone trying to move. Even without the violent crime, people still give crusty looks and the mall is ridden with delinquents. I won't even comment on the schools or the joke of a police department.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aorre View Post
Oh, snap. They didn't catch those guys yet, did they? Totally forgot about that. LOL

Sure, Greece is safe...compared to Detroit maybe. In all good conscience, I couldn't recommend Greece to someone trying to move. Even without the violent crime, people still give crusty looks and the mall is ridden with delinquents. I won't even comment on the schools or the joke of a police department.
You have to be kidding and people really exaggerate on here.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:12 AM

1,293 posts, read 4,323,684 times
If you guys are going to buy into what this guy just said, well thats your problem. The post isn't rational, an age old thread dug up by a guy with two posts. He didn't even bother to proof read what he wrote. There isn't one town in this country were you won't find someone doing drugs, not one. I bet most will have the occasional violent crime. Greece is still a safe community, a few shootings may knock it down some. But that does not mean the average Joe is getting shot down.

Going from the 3rd to the 5th???? Out of how many THOUSANDS of towns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area