U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,131 times

Advertisements

Can you suggest a very good restaurent suitable to dine in for my wedding anniversary? I am planning to take my wife for a dinner. I'll appreciate your suggestions.
thanks,

PS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 10:29 AM

3,235 posts, read 7,018,500 times
Virtu, 2vine, Eros, Tapas177, Pomadoro

Old 01-29-2009, 11:24 AM

5 posts, read 10,729 times
Mario's Via Abruzzi, The Tornado at the Broadway Inn, 2Vine -of course- Tapas177 -of course-, The food at the Woodcliff hotel in Pittsford is amazing!!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:05 PM

578 posts, read 2,681,366 times
My favorite adult dining restaurant was always Edibles on University. Small, cozy, not over done, and with super great food. And you can go to the coffee shop a few doors down afterwards if you want. That is assuming all of that stuff still exists as it did a few years ago.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:09 PM

5,384 posts, read 9,137,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastric View Post
My favorite adult dining restaurant was always Edibles on University. Small, cozy, not over done, and with super great food. And you can go to the coffee shop a few doors down afterwards if you want. That is assuming all of that stuff still exists as it did a few years ago.
My vote goes here as well..... It is perfect.... from the menu and presentation of the food to the environment of the restaurant itself..... I highly suggest dining here! It is my absolute favorite location for a romantic dinner with my husband! (his too btw)

Old 01-29-2009, 01:09 PM

455 posts, read 1,271,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camuri View Post
Mario's Via Abruzzi, The Tornado at the Broadway Inn, 2Vine -of course- Tapas177 -of course-, The food at the Woodcliff hotel in Pittsford is amazing!!
I vote for Toronado... excellent food. The atmosphere is also very private and intimate, you don't have to worry about being thrown in a feed pit with a hundred other people. However, be prepared to spend $$$... I went with a friend when an old boss was thrilled with some work I did and paid $150 towards the dinner, and I still paid a solid chunk of change even after that amount, for only 2 people.

IMO Mario's is very overrated... the food isn't nearly as good as the money they charge for it.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:04 PM

5,384 posts, read 9,137,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
I vote for Toronado... excellent food. The atmosphere is also very private and intimate, you don't have to worry about being thrown in a feed pit with a hundred other people. However, be prepared to spend $$$... I went with a friend when an old boss was thrilled with some work I did and paid $150 towards the dinner, and I still paid a solid chunk of change even after that amount, for only 2 people.

IMO Mario's is very overrated... the food isn't nearly as good as the money they charge for it.
Have to agree with you on Mario's..... it isn't like it used to be when they were in the OLD Mario's building YEARS ago..... does anyone remember that When you were his "SPECIAL GUEST"(totally off topic).... not as good and you pay too much for the lack of intimacy.... imo....

Old 01-29-2009, 07:22 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,948,195 times
Ricks Prime Rib on Buffalo Rd. I wouldn't say they have the best steak, but the environment is very nice. Overall the food isn't bad.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:23 PM

99 posts, read 244,616 times
If you like Italian, you can't beat Domenico's Ristorante in Henrietta. Family owned, intimate, and the warm homemade bread will sooth the soul. Otherwise, I like Richardson's Canal House in Bushnell's Basin for class/variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area