Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,420 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me an idea of what Pittsford is like. Is it a nice place? - etc

Old 03-09-2006, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,418 times
Default Pittsford, NY

It is a very nice suburb and considered one of the more affluent suburbs in Monroe County. The population is mostly professional, educated, homeowners. Pittsford has a great village with a canal, shops, bistros, historical bed/breakfasts, liberal arts colleges, golf, tennis, horseback riding, bike path - but it is not pretentious. The Pittsford movie theater is one of two theaters in the county that run independent / art films, there is an amazing grocery store (Wegmans) that is an upscale model for grocery stores nationwide and find almost ANY item at the Pittsford Wegmans.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:15 PM

7 posts, read 20,027 times
hey long islander - i grew up in Oceanside and moved to Batavia which is on the west side of Roch . as stated Pittsford is affluent, but less expensive than LI, you will find mostly xerox and kodak folks etc living there. Unless you go into Roch you aren't going to find the food etc that you are use to, except maybe in Wegmans -grocery- Brueggers produces a NY bagel, there aren't any deli's or bakeries to speak of. you can email me priviately if you would like as i don't come to this board often.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,417 times
Default Rochester Sucks

I think rochester is a horrible place to live. Many corrupt officers around. and there are delis around here. Theres a Eurpean Deli in Perinton called Yunas on Whitney RD. Again whatever you do dont move to rochester it sucks go down south

Old 04-07-2006, 11:24 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
Yunas.... there has never been a more WRONG statement. I moved south 4years ago from Rochester to Raleigh, NC and it was the stupidest thing I've ever done. Rochester has WAY more to offer if you are seeking a nice community feel and a great place to raise kids (Pittsford is one of the top 50 school districts in the nation....nearby Brighton is in the top 10). DO NOT MOVE SOUTH. So many people like me do and then realize that it sucks here. It's too hot in the summer, and instead of snowing snowflakes like it does in Rochester; it snows disgusting, irritating, ugly, yellow pollen from march to june... literaly, it falls in sheets, you can see it falling from the trees and it turns everything yellow until it rains, and then it turns stains everything that gets wet yellow. Not to mention that it will all but put you in the hospital if you have even minor alergies. Definitely stay in the Northeast, and choose Rochester if you want a well rounded community that is easy to feel at home at. In case no one has guessd. I'm moving back to Rochester this summer. I'm talking from experience in BOTH. This whole sunbelt thing, is OVERRATED.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:12 PM

36 posts, read 194,676 times
Just moved to Albany from LI a few months ago. Seems to be nice up here but don't know much about the area yet. Will explore the area more and to the north toward Roch. when the weather is getting warmer...
Anyone from LI up here?

Old 04-25-2006, 08:24 PM

Um; Do you mean west? Rochester is about 150 miles West of Albany; not North.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:12 PM

36 posts, read 194,676 times
Ah....now you know how much i know about the area....

Old 04-26-2006, 09:54 PM

lol it's all good. Everyone is like that when they are new to an area.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:33 AM

10 posts, read 29,425 times
HI, From one Long Islander to another, get out of here. Pittsford is nice we looked to buy a house there but we picked one in Livonia because we would have been too close to my in law's who have been up there for 20+ years. They moved up there from Selden and would never come back here. I think the worse part about moving up there is not having the ocean down the road, but it is nicer and cheaper to live up there. My husband and I will hopefully be there sometime this July since we just sold our house down here. Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area