Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,521 times

Advertisements

My wife and three kids are moving to Rochester and are considering living in west henrietta. Don't know much about the area. Is it a good place for a family? Safe? Good schools? Any info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 02:34 PM

17 posts, read 46,956 times
West Henrietta is a good area. In my opinion, any suburb of Rochester that is South East of the city is the best such as Fairport, Penfield, Pittsford, Brighton, and Henrietta. Webster is great as well. If you are looking at the best value then West Henrietta would probably be the most affordable to live.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,421 times
Default West Henrietta

I have lived in Henrietta for the last 16 years. I am also considering a move to West Henrietta. Henrietta has sections that are very commercial, which allows the taxes to remain reasonable. Many parts of Henrietta are nice but some had their hey-day in the 70's (and look it). West Henrietta has more of a rural feel. Many sections are newer builds but you can still find some older homes. The schools have plenty of commercial tax support and are fairly well structured and very ethnically diverse. Overall, they are not too bad.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:58 PM

99 posts, read 288,611 times
South and west is more rural as stated and has many nice homes, my nephew has a big farm house and barn there. This may sound a bit aristocratic, it's not as I don't have that kind of money, but anywhere I looked to move, if I had kids, the private or catholic school locations would be my concern. I would not send someone I cared about to public school, at least not in NY.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:15 PM

504 posts, read 1,493,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayrat View Post
I would not send someone I cared about to public school, at least not in NY.
Uhhh... there are plenty of great public schools in NY.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM

93,315 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrows View Post
Uhhh... there are plenty of great public schools in NY.
I was thinking the same thing......

Old 06-06-2009, 11:03 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,304 times
As an RIT student I spend alot of time in Henrietta... there are a lot of nice areas that are well tucked away as well as not so good areas that are closer to the commercial end of things. Also expect RIT student neighbors... they/we are everywhere in Henrietta!

Old 08-09-2009, 11:44 PM

292 posts, read 725,400 times
I grew up in East Henrietta just east of Calkins Rd and can say there's nothing wrong with the area. Never had a problem walking around/exploring as a kid. Lived all over the country and still haven't encountered suburbs that are as safe and affordable as those in Rochester. It's too bad the oppressive NYC style tax structure won't give many members of the Rochester exodus a chance to return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area