U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:41 AM

11 posts, read 450,328 times

Advertisements

Hi Rochesterians,
My wife and myself will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary, and I would like to surprise her with a special night that should end in a nice hotel room. Are there any recommended places around there?

I'm looking for this:
Jacuzzi on the same bedroom, next to the bed... a MUST.
Nice romantic setup, doesn't have to be really elegant, but nice quality, and good customer service
Fireplace if possible, but not a must.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 AM

3,234 posts, read 7,609,010 times
The woodlciff has really nice rooms. The suite that I visited had a jacuzzi.... I know some of the better rooms at the Hyatt downtown have them too.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:58 AM

Thanks Garmin! I will certainly consider them. I appreciate the quick answer

Old 02-26-2010, 09:39 PM

1,293 posts, read 4,319,091 times
About five years ago we went to a bed and breakfast out in the country. The place had a spa in the room and the house was near one of the Ontario beaches. Meals were included and it had full service. It was an old farmhouse that was completely remodeled, a nice change of pace. I will see if I can find the name of it, I would recommend it.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:47 PM

1,293 posts, read 4,319,091 times
I think it was LaMont's Orchard View Bed & Breakfast in Albion. They don't have alot of pictures on the site. The main room had a spa in in, so if it does that is it. To get to the lake, you head strait north toward the parkway. Very nice country out there.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:50 AM

5,384 posts, read 9,777,240 times
I know the Brookwood you can get a room like that.... it is in Bushnell's Basin (Pittsford) right off of rt 490

A beautiful place is The Del Monte Lodge in The Village of Pittsford but I don't know about the jacuzzi.....

Old 02-27-2010, 09:48 PM

1,820 posts, read 3,989,947 times
Jacuzzi's are not romantic... no matter what type of hotel they are located in. I have worked in the hotel industry for many,many years in both upscale properties and in economy level properties (such as a Holiday Inn) and I can tell you, there is not one romantic thing about them....

The Del Monte Lodge is beautiful and I think that your wife would love just being there, even without a jacuzzi

Old 02-28-2010, 08:35 PM

345 posts, read 943,287 times
I also vote for the DelMonte. It's very nice and they have a wonderful spa there - like at a resort. I would forgo the jacuzzi idea and go for the spa.

If you're interested in going a little outside Rochester, I would recommend thinking about going down to Ellicottville, about a hour south of Buffalo on Rt 219. Very cute town with lots of shops and nice restaurants for a romantic get-away. There is a Bed and Breakfast, Suger Pine Lodge, that is one of my very favorite B&B's ever. The rooms are very, very nice and romantic. There's even a gas fireplace in the rooms - You can check them out online.

Sugar Pine Lodge, Ellicottville, New York, a Bed and Breakfast

One of the rooms as a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom that is big enough for 2. I think it's Suite 4. The set up in that room is very romantic. (All of them are very, very nice.)

If you're really looking for something romantic, I would highly recommend Sugar Pine Lodge, there is nothing else like this in this area. If you really need to stay in Rochester, then I think the DelMonte would offer the most romantic atmosphere overall.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
Jacuzzi's are not romantic... no matter what type of hotel they are located in. I have worked in the hotel industry for many,many years in both upscale properties and in economy level properties (such as a Holiday Inn) and I can tell you, there is not one romantic thing about them....

The Del Monte Lodge is beautiful and I think that your wife would love just being there, even without a jacuzzi

Haha... and the reason is because... ?

About the spa in the room, it is for my wife and myself, whenever we get away, we always look for a room with a jacuzzi. We just like it that way... but your comments frightens me a little bit... anything we should know?

Old 03-01-2010, 09:55 AM

1,820 posts, read 3,989,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muchelaguito View Post
Haha... and the reason is because... ?

About the spa in the room, it is for my wife and myself, whenever we get away, we always look for a room with a jacuzzi. We just like it that way... but your comments frightens me a little bit... anything we should know?
no, I am sorry, I just don't like public jacuzzi's at all
Having worked in high end properties , I can tell you that they do clean them very,very well. However, the not so great properties, I would think twice about getting in one, including the hot tubs in the pool areas....
You just never know.....
That is me though and I know that people really enjoy them and find them romantic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area