U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:09 AM

4 posts, read 4,687 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody !!
We are moving to Rochester next August, and I should need some help. Thanks in advance !!
First, we need to rent a house. We are looking West Henrietta area and Chili area. What do you thing about them ? We are a familiy of four (two children, 6 and 9).
As far as I have read, the public schools are related to the house's addresses. Where can I find this information ? Does each house relates to a school or more ?
Sorry for my english. I have thousand and thousand questions but, step by step.
Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 08:35 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,659,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marta1971;14155[URL="http://www.schooldigger.com/go/NY/search.aspx"
[/url]317]Hi everybody !!
We are moving to Rochester next August, and I should need some help. Thanks in advance !!
First, we need to rent a house. We are looking West Henrietta area and Chili area. What do you thing about them ? We are a familiy of four (two children, 6 and 9).
As far as I have read, the public schools are related to the house's addresses. Where can I find this information ? Does each house relates to a school or more ?
Sorry for my english. I have thousand and thousand questions but, step by step.
Thanks for your help.
West Henrietta and most of Chili are generally quiet areas. Where you live does impact which school kids will go to, in fact Chili has 3 districts-Gates Chili, Churchville Chili, and Wheatland Chili.

Here's a link where you can search by district, address, etc.:

http://www.schooldigger.com/go/NY/search.aspx

Old 05-13-2010, 12:00 PM

3 posts, read 7,394 times
Is there a reason why the west side? Brighton has a fantastic school district and Pittsford is a great area to consider.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:25 PM

Well, my husband's job is in the west side (Industrial Park Circle), and we would like to be close (less than 30 minuts driving) to it, any recommendation ? We have seen Bennington Hills, Blueberry Hills and Riverton Knolls by the moment.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:01 PM

56,737 posts, read 81,038,544 times
This should help you figure out how each of the school districts are in the immediate Rochester area:
https://www.nystart.gov/publicweb/County.do?year=2009&county=Monroe (broken link)

New York schools - NY elementary, middle and high school information

Besides Pittsford and Brighton, there are good school districts in the other Eastern suburbs(Penfield, Fairport and Webster), as well as West Irondequoit.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marta1971 View Post
Well, my husband's job is in the west side (Industrial Park Circle), and we would like to be close (less than 30 minuts driving) to it, any recommendation ? We have seen Bennington Hills, Blueberry Hills and Riverton Knolls by the moment.
Blueberry Hills apartments? My sister and brother in law lived there for a while. That would be Churchville-Chili SD.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:29 PM

525 posts, read 1,645,631 times
Quote:
With this information, I would definitely look at Jordache Park Apartments. It is a 10 minute drive from his office and 20 minutes from the city of Rochester (via 531). They have 3 bedroom/2 bath apartments for $1100. I hear they are very nice and family friendly, they are in the excellent Spencerport School District, and it is right across the street from the best ice cream stand in Rochester...Lugia's! They also have garages available, which come in really handy for the winter!

Old 05-21-2010, 03:55 PM

Thanks everybody !! Very useful links and information. But, I haven't understood. Can you attend any school which is on your School district or it depends of the addres ?
Thanks for your help.
Do you recomend any other apartments ?

Old 05-22-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Thanks everybody !! Very useful links and information. But, I haven't understood. Can you attend any school which is on your School district or it depends of the addres ?
Thanks for your help.
Tough one. Depends on the district (if that makes any sense).

Old 05-22-2010, 07:36 PM

525 posts, read 1,645,631 times
Quote:
Thanks for your help.
It usually depends on the address. I know which Elementary school in Spencerport you attend depends on the address. I think all the school districts in the area only have one middle school and one high school, so it only matters for elementary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area