Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 09:14 PM

4 posts, read 13,715 times

Advertisements

I want to buy used book. I would like to know, if Rochester, NY has used book stores, like, "Powell's Books" in Portland, OR? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 01:51 PM

131 posts, read 792,900 times
There's nothing as large as Powell's, but there are a few smaller used book stores in Rochester. There are two that I know of in the Village Gate Square complex on North Goodman St: Yankee Peddler and The Houghton Book Shop. There is also one called Bookends in the Bowl-A-Roll shopping plaza on Jefferson Road in Henrietta. And the Barnes & Noble in Pittsford has a large used book section.
I would love to know of others that people might know about!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 10,373 times
A few months ago I discovered a great place called The Book Centre out in Spencerport. The store is literally bursting with books and is a little disorganized, but I love browsing the shelves and the owner always seems to find whatever you're looking for. The prices are great and I always leave with a ton of great stuff, including lots of newer books.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 9,995 times
Does anyone know of a good place to sell hard cover books in excellent shape? Would like to get a fair price for them.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:43 AM

76 posts, read 169,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgiebner40 View Post
Does anyone know of a good place to sell hard cover books in excellent shape? Would like to get a fair price for them.
I would suggest trying to sell them online at a place like Half.com or Amazon's used book store. However, then you are at the mercy of waiting for someone to buy them. I just don't know of any used book stores that offer a fair price for buying used books.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:59 PM

810 posts, read 1,449,792 times
Look at Small World Books on North Street, too. A little before Portland branches off.

The guy doesn't allow conservative books in there, so he's ethically a slimeball, but it is a book store and it is pretty interesting.

S
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area