U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 08:32 PM

69 posts, read 237,375 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about Webster, NY? How are the schools, cost of living, etc... Any other information on the surrounding areas of Rochester woudl be great. We're looking to moving there and I was looking for a place where teh schools are good, Homes around $175,00 - $200,000 and 30 - 40 minute commute to Rochester. Also, my wife is a dental hygentist - does anyone know if she'll have any issues finding a job up there? Thanks again.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 06:57 AM

142 posts, read 725,185 times
I am sure there are people here who can help you--I just don't know that area well enough to comment. But just a suggestion-a 30-40 minute commute gets much longer in the snow.
Skaneatelesmom

Old 06-15-2007, 07:39 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,486,572 times
Thumbs up Webster NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley View Post
Can anyone tell me about Webster, NY? How are the schools, cost of living, etc... Any other information on the surrounding areas of Rochester woudl be great. We're looking to moving there and I was looking for a place where teh schools are good, Homes around $175,00 - $200,000 and 30 - 40 minute commute to Rochester. Also, my wife is a dental hygentist - does anyone know if she'll have any issues finding a job up there? Thanks again.
Webster is a very nice place to live - I live outside of Buffalo, about 50 minutes from Webster. As a dental hygentist, I dont see any reason why your wife would find a hard time finding employment in that area, as Rochester in general is a large community. Victor is also a nice area. Moderator cut: realtor soliciting
You will absolutely love the shopping at the Eastview Mall in Victor!! I used to have a store there.

Colleen W August
Licensed Real Estate Agent
REI

Last edited by bellafinzi; 06-15-2007 at 12:51 PM..

Old 06-15-2007, 08:27 AM

3,234 posts, read 7,633,801 times
I partially grew up in Webster. It was nice when I was there, but I don't like it now. It is growing very fast. It depends on what your personal preference is. Lots of tacky poorly built mcmansions have popped up. The traffic on Ridge Road is horrible and filled with idiot soccer moms in SUVs causing trouble. There are many nice neighborhoods in the village though. There is lots of new development in the form of big box stores and chain restaurants. The schools are good. Its only 10-15 min to Rochester from Webster.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:49 PM

69 posts, read 237,375 times
Thanks guys for the info!

Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 AM

42 posts, read 146,045 times
Question Partially grown up?

You're not fully grown? Which parts didn't develop? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
I partially grew up in Webster. It was nice when I was there, but I don't like it now. It is growing very fast. It depends on what your personal preference is. Lots of tacky poorly built mcmansions have popped up. The traffic on Ridge Road is horrible and filled with idiot soccer moms in SUVs causing trouble. There are many nice neighborhoods in the village though. There is lots of new development in the form of big box stores and chain restaurants. The schools are good. Its only 10-15 min to Rochester from Webster.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:25 PM

537 posts, read 553,362 times
I spent 35 years in Webster. It used to be a very rural area but is being developed rapidly. Nice place to raise a family, nice park on the lake, golf course and driving range on the east side. Other comparable communities to Webster would be Penfield, Fairport and Pittsord. All have good schools, safe streets, and friendly people with teeth that get cleaned on a regular semi-annual basis. You would enjoy living in any one of those communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area