U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:21 AM

16,305 posts, read 13,790,176 times

Advertisements

Yeah, if it's a college town there and a few bars. It can be party town at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 08:33 PM

1,759 posts, read 3,240,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
If there are any How do you live and spend your spare time?

Also, are you actively dating or is that a back-burner thing?

I currently live in a large town, but looking to move to a much smaller town. No more than 10k in population and away from any big cities/town/etc. I'm looking to hear how you singles live in isolated areas.

Thanks.

I'm single. It's boring as H*ll to be a single woman in a family town. NO social life, whatsoever. Nobody actually dates here. It's all get drunk and scr*w. Literally. The singles are either permanent bachelors or they are high school dropout losers. There *is* no dating here.

There are not enough adult-level activities to keep me busy, either. I love people. I love science, medicine, technology, machines, and all kinds of hands-on stuff. I love to work, but I don't want bothered with any child rearing stuff. That's why I thought I'd be a good fit for a rural area. But I hate the isolation. I expected to have people to do things with. Living here is like being under house arrest, because so much of the region is just unsafe for either women or senior citizens, especially at night. I've seen several nice homes that I'd have loved to live in. But not in solitary confinement. I need companionship and intellectual stimulation to be happy. Isolation feels like punishment. I can't wait to leave here. I am far too high-energy to sit around this place.

Last edited by SorryIMovedBack; 07-22-2010 at 08:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living