U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Dogs that consistantly bark are owned by rude,inconsiderate people.

Those type of dog owners can be found living in both the city and rural.
Dogs Bark? Not all people that own dogs are rude, inconsiderate people. Imagine it like this....You live all alone. You are disabled. Your dog is your helper. When your dog barks, it is speaking to you. It is saying," Are you okay?" ---You just fell down, you live alone, have no friends or family, and your neigbors are rude and inconsiderate people who never even stop in to check on you when your dog is consistantly barking because you are hurt. -----you fell down-----your hurt..........you can't get up.... ....My Dog Is My Helper......... My Neighbor....... My Best-Friend..........So, just maybe, when you hear a dog consistantly bark, instead of thinking that their owners are rude and inconsiderate people, maybe, just maybe, you could be a good neigbor, instead of a rude, inconsiderate person, maybe when that dogs barks, you could take a moment of your time, and just stop in and check on that consistntly barking dog owned by that rude, incondiderate person.........just a thought.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,682,398 times
You are an exception to the rule.

I can assure you that the owners of dogs ,who bark all night long , where I live are in good health,

Old 08-18-2010, 02:58 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,029,982 times
We live a mile from the Highway.Its very noisy.Hear Horses going up and down the road all the time,Hear Chainsaws,All kinds of Poultry,Whip Poor Wills,Turkeys,Coyotes,Gun Shots.I have a Loud Neighbor I can hear him two Hollers away I told his wife about it.

Gossip I had a lady at the Post Office reading my Mail then telling all over town of 300 what I was doing,almost broke my marriage up.

If you hear a Siren you just have to go see because you only hear it maybe once a year.

No Christmas Lights or Christmas Trees.No Trick or treating.

Use to be you never seen a Dusk to Dawn Light but i seen 4 on my way to go fishing yesterday.

Yelp no different than the city.

brushrunner

Old 08-18-2010, 03:08 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,029,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Dogs that consistantly bark are owned by rude,inconsiderate people.

Those type of dog owners can be found living in both the city and rural.
I have a Guy come from the city he use to camp on my property until I went down there and run him off.His property is next to mine.

He puts his Camp where I could see it from my Back Door.He gets Mad comes over in the middle of the night complaing because my Houd is Barking.Like I told him he came in there the Dog is just telling me there is someone over there if he don't like it he can find somewhere else to Camp.

But thats someone coming in here couple months a year telling us to comfore to his wants,it won't happen.

brushrunner

Old 08-18-2010, 09:41 PM

4,729 posts, read 8,735,067 times
About the only time my dog barks for extended periods is when there are strangers around, big critters around, one of us is hurt, or we're about to have another earthquake.

One of our neighbors heard her barking the other night and was coming over to check on us, when he came up on a family of black bear on the path (headed in his direction). If she hadn't been barking at them, it's possible that my neighbor would have gotten a real surprise when they showed up at his place since he had salmon hanging out to dry. His dog got "accidentally" shot last hunting season and he hasn't had the heart to get a new one yet... so he relies on my dog to give him the news, figuring if he can hear her over a mile away then something must be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living