Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2008, 10:02 AM

27,335 posts, read 27,385,151 times

Advertisements

These are just too funny, but so true, lol. You know youre in a small town when the store owner is friends with the banker who is friends with the only mechanic in town who is your son's teacher's husband who also does mobile auto repairs on weekends out of his 1978 Chevy pickup...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 01:04 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,002 times
You know you live in a small town when town folk flip you the bird because your 21 year old son, who moved away from home a year ago gets in trouble with the law.....this recently happened to my neighbor.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:15 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolL View Post
Remember it? Up until we moved into our condo, that's how we cut our grass in Chicago! We're planning to move soon, and I intend to get another one!
I didn't realize they still SOLD those though. I remember it when I was much younger, then we went to the gas model, and I never saw the "nutbuster" again.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 PM

365 posts, read 1,252,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I didn't realize they still SOLD those though. I remember it when I was much younger, then we went to the gas model, and I never saw the "nutbuster" again.
LOL! Yes, they still make them, and they're sooooo much easier to use. I had one of the old ones and used to cut my Chicago lawn with it. I'm getting a new one next time!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:25 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Quote:
LOL! Yes, they still make them, and they're sooooo much easier to use. I had one of the old ones and used to cut my Chicago lawn with it. I'm getting a new one next time!
I found that we sell them...one was around $130 and the other was less than $90. Depending on the size of the cut.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:08 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,653,800 times
You know you live in a small town when, the majority of the vehicles parked in the town square are pickup trucks...

Old 04-25-2008, 08:55 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,497,553 times
You know you live in a small town when you go to the local high school baseball game and you sit on the opposing teams side and nobody gives you a hard time about it, because they know that even though you have lived here for 30 years, you are on that side because you have a nephew playing on the opposing team. And they are OK with that.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:26 PM

365 posts, read 1,252,746 times
You know you're in a small town when two people at two different supermarket checkout lanes want you to go in front of them because you have only two items.

You know you're in a small town when two little kids on bicycles pull over to let you drive thru and, as you drive by, they apologize for hogging the road for, oh, about 5 seconds.

Both of these happened to me today, in two different towns in rural IL.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:01 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,497,553 times
Quote:
You know you're in a small town when two people at two different supermarket checkout lanes want you to go in front of them because you have only two items.
How true. We went to the "BIG CITY" this afternoon, about 20 miles away, population about 17,000. In the one store there was only one checkout lane open and there were about 6 or 7 people in line. The lady ahead of me had a whole cartload of stuff and I had ONE item. Do you think she offered to let me go ahead? No Way. Oh how I missed home at that time.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:16 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,297,179 times
When there are more people checking people out then there are customers. When you moved to a rural town a year ago and already know all the people at the post office by first names and they know you too. When many people in town know you've been gone on vacation and welcome you back after only a five day vacation! When yoiur neighbor is building a new barn and has more people offering to help out for free then he knows what to do with. When another neighbore drives by on his ATV asking if you've seen his horses!! All true and happened in the last week here where I live. It's so nice to come home here after visiting in Burbank, CA.!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living