U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM

14,800 posts, read 18,045,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
Do you by any chance live near Brainerd or Bemidji? I live in St. Cloud right now but will be moving to a Minneapolis Suburb, hopefully at the end of this month or during october.
Haha yea about 30 min West of Nisswa
You know if MNDOT will extend the Northstar rail up to St. Cloud anytime soon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 07:49 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,377,516 times
Haven't heard anything, public transportation plans here move at glacial speed. I really wish it would though because It would come in handy, and Im moving to the Twin cities sometime next month hopefully, so It'd be great to use to get up to St. Cloud to visit my parents.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:08 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,022,330 times
I love my rural living of 2400 (+/-) population and about 100 person a square mile (population density).

It is in a great location as I am only 30 mins to my city of B'more, couple hrs to DC, within 10 - 15 minutes to great shopping and close to the PA border (my fav. state)... Oh, not to mention 30 mins (+/- depends on which one I go to) away from some of the greenest, most organic & natural eats of the Amish markets, and my fav. Asian markets too (that's a bonus).

Yet my piece of country is so secluded that the roads does not have a yellow line to divide the lanes, have many one lane bridges, tons of horses & cow pastures. In fact, my backyard borders a part of a 70 plus acre horse farm... there are even fox hunts / chases that we can occasionally glimpse.

My piece of land can be silent at times or filled with the music of birds, insects or other wildlife.
In fact, my land is so untouched by land clearing in it's natural state that my hummingbirds flew upwards towards some of the many 40 feet plus tall oaks that cover my land. It is so lush with life & lifeblood (well-water levels is prime) that it flushes with many of nature food sources (berry bush here, an edible morel there).

It is a very sought after neighborhood (knowledge comes from working in the housing arena) where home availability is scarce at best, thus keeping quite a stable value with many positive possibilities as time goes on. This neighborhood is on the "right side" of the track, where everyone keeps their land proper (no junk cars on the front yard, proper landscape & maintenance etc.).

It is not a "new" neighborhood, but an old pretty well-known established one, some awesome schools too.

I absolutely love my piece of rural heaven!

Old 09-27-2011, 08:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,311 times
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Well, there is a sign 80 miles due East of me on the 2-lane highway that says, "Welcome to the Middle of Nowhere!" - so I guess we live on the western edge of Nowhere!

Seriously, North-Central Nebraska, in a 100-year-old 3000 sq ft farmhouse, on 60 acres of rolling hills with sweet tumbling water, surrounded by Angus cattle ranches worked by real cowboys and cowgirls on horseback, where the only sounds at night are the wind, the hoots of the owls and the baying of the coyotes.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Sounds fantastic, enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or