U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-04-2015, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Martinez, ca
297 posts, read 287,387 times
Reputation: 217

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordyLordy View Post
Wow, some people become expert "Welfare queens" and they even help others take advantage of the system
That is hilarious.

We are discussing a government funded program that YOU MUST pay into if you do not have medical coverage or you will be fined.
So I guess in your opinion every collage kid that makes less than 40K a year is a welfare bear?
As is every teenager with a part time job NOT covered by their parents?

Its really simple. and functions a lot like S.S.- Anyone without medical coverage, must pay for this. If make less than about 40k a year you get a discount. If you are in school you get a discount. If you have kids you get a discount.
You do not get to choose if you want to partake or not, its the law. You do not get to choose if you get a discount or not.

This isn't a support program like welfare where you apply for free stuff or money, it is required on penalty of fines.

And I love how you never answer the questions I ask, just avoid them. I am starting to think your just trolling albeit poorly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2015, 04:19 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 1,577,507 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoastnavy View Post
And I love how you never answer the questions I ask, just avoid them. I am starting to think your just trolling albeit poorly.
I think it is time to call it quits here - I think that maybe we are talking different languages. We spend 15 pages arguing about people who come into farming flush with money, you claim that is not the case and then at page 23 of the thread it turns out you sold a business and started a farm.

Then when I point that fact out in my last post - you totally skip over it and rant about me avoiding your questions.

Am I crazy or are you drinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2015, 10:33 PM
 
Location: Martinez, ca
297 posts, read 287,387 times
Reputation: 217
I think you have a reading issue.
Where did I ever say I started a farm?

You do avoid questions, habitually. I can list them if you like.

It seems you have become lost. The main argument that I, submariner and many others are trying to make is that you do not need a vast sum of money to get started.

You have argued counter to that several times.
And then you back track and say it is possible with a small amount of money.

How is that hard to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 06:21 AM
 
1,417 posts, read 1,577,507 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoastnavy View Post
I think you have a reading issue.
Where did I ever say I started a farm?
I know you didn't - I just wanted you to say that. Now we know from your own admission - YOU DO NOT EVEN FARM . So, remind me again, how do you factor into this discussion? Do you contribute as an armchair researcher? A Google search expert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoastnavy View Post
It seems you have become lost. The main argument that I, submariner and many others are trying to make is that you do not need a vast sum of money to get started.
I think I can actually talk to Submariner about SOMETHING - the man seems to have the experience (although I think that even he is hiding some stuff about his financials but I have no proof). Since all you have done is run a manufacturing business - that does not make you a farming expert. Neither does access to Mr. Google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoastnavy View Post
You have argued counter to that several times.
And then you back track and say it is possible with a small amount of money.
I said anything's possible BUT NOT PROBABLE (as in not likely to happen). I think you are the one with a reading comprehension?

I have said that for most people to whom Daddy left no land, it will be a heck of a lot of money to start a farm, survive the first few years before it becomes profitable (if it ever does) and that even if it does become profitable, it will be a substandard life with barely a few bucks in the bank, no health insurance etc. You are the one who responded by saying that for health insurance you can always become a freeloader and go to a free health clinic (which apparently is a question of morality and not a fact that you are intentionally making a business decision to rely on external inputs into your financials).

Anyways, what else have you been Googling? Maybe we can start a big discussion on that? Nothing better than arguing with someone who has never done something but has all the "research" and "true stories" to back up their argument
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Martinez, ca
297 posts, read 287,387 times
Reputation: 217
Scientific Method
1Ask a Question
2Do Background Research
3Construct a Hypothesis
4Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
5Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
6Communicate Your Results

Where does it say ignore all the available data and just roll with your opinion?

I have listed my experience. But like submariners post you seem unable to locate it.
At this point I must assume you are trolling, because I do not think anyone can be as inept as you pretend to be.
You are a lost cause.

Last edited by Westcoastnavy; 01-05-2015 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 07:03 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 1,577,507 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoastnavy View Post
Scientific Method
1Ask a Question
2Do Background Research
3Construct a Hypothesis
4Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
5Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
6Communicate Your Results

Where does it say ignore all the available data and just roll with your opinion?

I have listed my experience. But like submariners post you seem unable to locate it.
At this point I must assume you are trolling, because I do not think anyone can be as inept as you pretend to be.
You are a lost cause.
I am taking the high road here Sir. You won't hear anymore from me in this thread .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Martinez, ca
297 posts, read 287,387 times
Reputation: 217
Lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Martinez, ca
297 posts, read 287,387 times
Reputation: 217
https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/s...rmet-mushrooms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 01:34 PM
 
5,879 posts, read 5,360,500 times
Reputation: 18002
For those interested in the ORIGINAL point of this thread, you may want to attend this full day workshop entitled "Farming for More Income, Less Work" at the MOSES conference in LaCrosse, WI on Feb 26th 2015: Farming for More Income, Less Work | MOSES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2015, 02:10 AM
 
Location: Martinez, ca
297 posts, read 287,387 times
Reputation: 217
10 Most Profitable Specialty Crops to Grow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:02 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top