U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 03:40 AM

6,502 posts, read 5,591,402 times

Advertisements

Have any of you had experience with any locals in your small town/rural area who really creeped you out?

I'll start - in a previous post I wrote about a local farmer I'd worked for part time who turned out to be a "swinger" and became so fresh and inappropriate that I told him off and quit. Lately, there's a weasely old toothless guy who mows the vacant adjoining property about twice a month and stares holes in me when I'm working outside. Twice this summer, he's come over while I was weeding and initiated conversation, by asking me what I thought of our "(derogatory racist term) President". Now, I go in the house and stay there until he leaves.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 09-18-2011 at 03:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 07:14 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,144,125 times
Yuck. No, I can't imagine that I would have much problem with creeps. Helps that I look more like Kathy Bates than Kathy Ireland and have her very direct "Harry's Law" manner in that I don't suffer fools gladly.

I'd definitely avoid old toothless weasel though he's probably harmless. Again....yuck.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:50 AM

6,663 posts, read 26,714,988 times
My father is the old creepy guy in his small town of 50.
I went to their town bbq one forth of July. He could not take his eyes off a 14 year old girl. Not cool for a 73 year old man.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:59 AM

4,527 posts, read 5,200,514 times
i grew up with creepy guys in my small town ,all small business owners--one was a child molester(well known--molested kid committed suicide--no punishment for guy),another was a lecherous politician(couldn't keep his hands to himself)--still around and loved by the town's old ladies--go figure

Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 PM

6,502 posts, read 5,591,402 times
I still see the creepy farmer I worked for from time to time - he has a stand at our local farmers market. He actually stopped by my house one day this summer when I was out working in my garden - told me "what a help I'd been, how they missed me at the farm - etc., etc." I reminded him, again, why I'd quit, because he was inappropriate. He said he "turned over a new leaf, was going to church, would make it up to me..." All the while, his eyes going back to my legs. What a scuz.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:42 PM

11,180 posts, read 14,823,372 times
Not small town, but we used to have a creepy little guy in our neighborhood that loved his speedos. Guy used to strut around his front yard making a point to stretch or bend over frequently, giving everyone a view of his goodies. Blech...

Old 09-19-2011, 05:21 PM

6,473 posts, read 14,170,610 times
Ewww there's a creepy old guy in my area who walks around. He wears a battered looking hat and dirty coveralls. Sometimes he sits by the side of the road...watching. Other times he is walking god knows where. Creepy.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:26 PM

37,149 posts, read 43,082,479 times
I've lived in large cities, rurally, in small towns, and in suburbs, and have found that creepy people can be found in each and every environment. People notice them more in less populated areas, because they don't get lost in the crowd, and with fewer people, encountering them comes at increased frequency. But creeps exist everywhere. You just don't always know who's a creep in a larger community.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:52 PM

17,098 posts, read 22,617,206 times
I've got some scary neighbors.

I've run into creepy people in the woods, but so far I've survived. I've also run into some non-creepy oddballs. Humans are a strange animal.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:05 AM

4,178 posts, read 9,539,972 times
We have a creepy guy in town; they call him "Crazy Mike". He owns several houses and lets them all get run down. His sister (who lives more or less with him) and he move from house to house. They were living in a house next door to a friend; she woke up one morning to the smell of coffee - her DH had already gone to work and Crazy Mike's sister was standing over her bed with a cup of coffee! People have come home to find either the guy or his sister sitting in their house - just sitting, not watching tv or anything. They never do anything but stare... Crazy Mike says he is a "real estate developer"... in a town of 145 people? Uh-hunh...

They don't bother us; we keep our doors locked and our dog doesn't permit anyone onto the property, much less into the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living