U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 PM

829 posts, read 2,632,091 times

Advertisements

anyone have any haunting/ghost type stories in there rural areas? Anyone experienced anyhthing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 09:35 AM

639 posts, read 1,166,713 times
I haven't seen anything myself yet, but I live in an old village where part of the Civil War took place...and down the road (on my jogging route) is a church that they used as a hospital.

I expect to see something on a daily basis. But not yet!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:07 PM

417 posts, read 998,674 times
I just have to jump in & say I LOVEthe username Celtic Viking!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:51 PM

668 posts, read 1,927,948 times
Never saw one in all the time Ive been living, and, I dont believe in them either LOL...

Those ghost stories are for frightening kids, and getting ratings on shows that promote ghosts...

Normal people wouldnt believe such nonesense, unless one reached out and touched them, or they personally see them, thierselves..

The proof is in the pudding... No ghost.. Then, they dont exist.

I wish you wel...

Jesse

Old 11-17-2011, 06:49 AM

4,527 posts, read 5,199,583 times
i live in a rural area--many stories abound here---did see an apparition many years ago in an old cottage i rented and 2 years ago in the attic of a house i wanted to rent(never rented it after i saw the ghost) but it did explain why every empty upstairs room had a cross over the door

Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 PM

417 posts, read 998,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
Never saw one in all the time Ive been living, and, I dont believe in them either LOL...

Those ghost stories are for frightening kids, and getting ratings on shows that promote ghosts...

Normal people wouldnt believe such nonesense, unless one reached out and touched them, or they personally see them, thierselves..

The proof is in the pudding... No ghost.. Then, they dont exist.

I wish you wel...

Jesse
I wouldn't be so quick to label ghosts as "nonsense" if I were you, friend! If your reasons for dismissing the possibility are religious reasons, then I have to remind you that, with God, all things are possible. And if your reasons are scientific, I have to point out that some of the finest physicists in the world are convinced there are parallel realms - which is, in my opinion, where ghosts are from.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:34 PM

50 posts, read 145,043 times
Take a look at the church of Stull, KS near Lawrence, KS.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:56 PM

668 posts, read 1,927,948 times
Just never saw a ghost, and, I dont believe in spirits haunting us...

OK, I can watch a spooky movie and have chills run up and down my spine, but, thats Hollywood, with thier fabulous technology...

As I said, if "I" dont see them, then I cant verify they exist, and, Im skeptical anyways.

OH, I know that 'such things' do exist 'biblically', and people swear by this or that, that they have seen an actual ghost, but, I wont ever claim to anything I dont see

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-19-2011, 06:15 PM

624 posts, read 1,042,462 times
My family lived in a bungalow that belonged to my parents, near their home, we were living there temporary until our house was built, many strange things happened such as doors closing when they were open, feeling (not hearing footsteps at night)and other things, but never was scared. I had a workspace set up upstairs to read, etc in and since upstairs was not heated, I would leave the door open so the heat from downstairs would go up....I would walk downstairs many a time, and go back upstairs 10 minutes later and the door would be shut....not just eased up, but latched...

When we were moving , mentioned to wife, this house has some strange habits, she looked at me wide eyed and told me she had been locked out of the house several times when she was outside.......

The house was the scene of two violent murders...and my sister moved the house, remodeled it and she and family are living in it now. I remember both murders, as they happened as I was growing up, the house was one that my parents rented.

Not sure about ghosts, but after those things happening to me, and my wife, without us comparing things until afterward, there was something definitely supernatural going on.

Like I said however, I never felt scared, just spooked.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:32 AM

814 posts, read 1,138,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
anyone have any haunting/ghost type stories in there rural areas? Anyone experienced anyhthing?
My daughter's school is haunted. It's the same school they first built about 15 years ago.

I remember when I was volunteering for a Santa's Shop at the school and I was left alone to tend to moving the toys around. The shop was set up in the abandoned part of the school. I started hearing lockers shutting slightly or knocking, I caught myself looking out the door a lot because of movement. Some of the teachers told me about what happened to them; printers turning on and off, chalk boards changing positions (old sliding chalk boards).

My town is a small village. There are only a few buildings here but most are haunted. There's even one building that is about 5 miles from the village that looks just creepy as hell. The outside of the building is all black, it looks like it was burned down or had a big fire a long time ago. The windows are all smashed or broken out.

I am very interested in this kind of thing. I actually lived in a house a while ago that was active. The only thing that happened there was my bed kept on moving while I was laying on it, my stuff was moved around, lights where turning on and off at night, things fell off the shelves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living