U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 08:13 AM

2,878 posts, read 3,926,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.drew View Post
Because it's the truth, but believe what you want.

Why wouldn't you believe cops are lazy or crooked?

Why do people on here get mad at me just for writing personal examples of cops being crooked or just not doing their jobs correctly?

It's like you people can't believe they have an agenda other than helping or protecting citizens.
I believe some cops are lazy, crooked, whatever, just like anyone else in any profession. If this incident was important to you, you could have gone to the police station, lodged a complaint, whatever. But, I think a lot of people are "covertly" lazy and crooked, most do not blatantly not do their jobs, they have enough awareness to try and not be obvious. What you described was pretty obvious and I just doubt that anyone would be that obviously lazy or disinterested. Not that it cannot happen, I just don't believe it did

OD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 10:38 AM

12,916 posts, read 15,772,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
I think you are full of BS.... . Why would anyone believe your trolling stories?
OD
Why don't you??..do you call them "trolling stories" just because they're about police?? ...You sound like a lot of others who still have complete faith that the police are there to help them....hopefully that will never change.... I know lots of people who felt the same untill that delusion was completely shattered when they actually had to deal first hand with an officer that was called for help, and instead of diffusing the problem, they made it much, much worse...if not deadly.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:03 PM

2,878 posts, read 3,926,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Why don't you??..do you call them "trolling stories" just because they're about police?? ...You sound like a lot of others who still have complete faith that the police are there to help them....hopefully that will never change.... I know lots of people who felt the same untill that delusion was completely shattered when they actually had to deal first hand with an officer that was called for help, and instead of diffusing the problem, they made it much, much worse...if not deadly.
'Cause the best kind of lie is one that is plausible. If he said he saw a cop levitating 30 feet in the air and eating a donut with his third hand, it would be obvious it is a lie .

I am not saying it is a lie outright, but what is our basis to believe him? He may be coming up with "stories" to support his side of the argument but these may or may not have happened.

Conversely, I can come up with 20 stories that all exemplify great officer behavior, don't mean they will be true

OD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living