U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 07:31 PM

14 posts, read 20,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Mac View Post
Why is the fact that you are transsexual relevant? Is it that obvious?
I am confident it's not obvious, but I am talking more of when like say for example, showing ID to several agencies like the local government, library etc. Obviously, my ID will state I am male. That's basically how they will find out about it. And if they did, I have a feeling they will talk about it to other people, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 07:53 PM

675 posts, read 1,261,385 times
OH. I would think that might happen no matter where you live.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:30 PM

7,460 posts, read 13,094,916 times
For the record, P-town (the gay-friendly town) usually refers to Provincetown, Massachusetts (on Cape Cod), not Providence, Rhode Island.

My sister is a lesbian who lives in California, but she has thought about moving to P-town when she retires.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:56 PM

24,683 posts, read 46,372,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDarwin View Post
Hey. Thanks for the heads up, but what's up in Pulaski, TN? I am considering Vermont but houses for sale are out of my budget. I saw some, but they're like mobile homes on trailer parks.
These guys got there start there:

Old 05-07-2012, 03:09 AM

13,649 posts, read 26,079,477 times
[quote=karen_in_nh_2012;24187271]For the record, P-town (the gay-friendly town) usually refers to Provincetown, Massachusetts (on Cape Cod), not Providence, Rhode Island.

Gorgeous area, no work, incredibly expensive area due to shore beauty and lack of access to anything else (it's at the very end of the Cape).
A summer night there looks like the West Village on vacation, in fact, I think it *is* the West Village on vacation.
A offhand idea- Trinidad, Colorado, was well known for the fact that a lot of TS surgery was done there- I think because there was a particular surgeon who happened to be there. How intolerant could it be?

Old 05-07-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
These guys got there start there:
I am totally clueless who these guys are.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:12 AM

18,567 posts, read 55,502,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Pulaski, TN (just kidding, stay away from there)

Probably somewhere in Vermont, I would think.
Funny. I'm from Vermont, and I shop in Pulaski TN somewhat regularly. I have NEVER had a good meal in that town. Very strange, as are the East Indians who operate the Subway there and are totally unintelligible to English speakers.

(To the OP, Pulaski has the reputation as the birthplace of the Klu Klux Klan, a racist hate group. The story is a lot more complicated than that, but that isn't relevant to your question.)

Rural in the U.S. tends to be very conservative. Rural in the south or Bible Belt tends to be VERY conservative.

Vermont is expensive. Finding jobs that pay a living wage is difficult.
The states you are listing are problematic. You would be better searching in California or Oregon or Washington state.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:32 PM

58,774 posts, read 83,363,148 times
Trumansburg NY may work. Perhaps Newfield NY too.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:07 PM

944 posts, read 1,491,642 times
look into the west coast. NV, CA, AZ, NM, OR, WA, ==== NV is very very liberal and loads of small towns.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
look into the west coast. NV, CA, AZ, NM, OR, WA, ==== NV is very very liberal and loads of small towns.
The thing is, I prefer the farm-like setting of the Midwest states like Iowa and Illinois. I am not very thrilled to be living in a desert-like location. But I will have a check. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living