U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:21 PM

9,200 posts, read 17,058,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
wait????? how do you get half a death
Like I said, most of them are children, so maybe it's prorated based on age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,413,746 times
6 one year and 7 the next will give you an average of 6.5 per year.

uh

Old 01-25-2013, 11:37 AM

9,200 posts, read 17,058,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleharley View Post
6 one year and 7 the next will give you an average of 6.5 per year.

uh
I'm pretty sure topher5150 was being facetious. I know I was.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:35 AM

208 posts, read 296,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylverfly View Post
I'm new so this may be the wrong spot to post. I currently live in a small farming town in Michigan its all woods, beaches, and corn/hay fields. The woods and beaches are good I could do with less crop fields, though. I'm going to be moving because I hate the winters here its to cold to do anything and if you have livestock its miserable. I want to live in a small town atmosphere but lose the snow. I was thinking I really like Tennessee but I'm not crazy about the venomous crew of creatures that also like living in Tennessee 4 snake species , 2 spider species , 2 scorpion species , stinging caterpillars, fire ants, and venomous beetles. Is there anywhere that doesn't freeze into a wasteland with natural beauty and good people reasonable/ low cost real estate and doesn't have sever weather and animals that are going to kill me on a regular basis, lol.
Silverfly, I grew up around Jackson, Michigan and lived in Grayling, Hillsdale and Horton as well. When I left it was for a job, not better weather. I tried Knoxville but ended up in the Cincinnati area. There is more of winter here than Tennessee, but I still have family in Jackson and can drive home from here in five hours or less versus ten hours from TN. For me, this area was a good compromise - less snow and warmer weather than I grew up with, but not too far from family.

As a kid growing up in Michigan about all I saw of Ohio were the flat farmlands on the way to Cedar Point. A lot of Ohio is like that, but my area has hills and woods aplenty. And I have never been bitten by anything more venomous than a hornet here. If you want a small town in this area check out Wilmington, Hillsboro, Lebanon or (on the weird side) Yellow Springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living