U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 08:32 PM

5,834 posts, read 9,220,537 times

Advertisements

Yes, people are pigs.

I walk my road every day and every day there is some more trash thrown out by the pigs. Last week topped everything though. Some slob placed two dead beavers side by side on my road. It was the strangest thing I have seen yet. Somebody took the time to load two beavers they had killed and drove them up to my road just to lay them out side by side on the edge of the road........

Lot of alcoholics driving around drinking and slobs that eat fast food but can't wait to find a trash can to throw out their trash.

I hate people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 10:12 PM

3,149 posts, read 3,614,110 times
I'll second that!

I live in an apartment complex and not only do the pigs toss their garbage on the grounds but they will throw their loose and bagged garbage BESIDE the dumpster rather than putting it IN the damn dumpster.

The cig butts everywhere are beyond disgusting as they are not biodegradable and litter the sidewalks and flower beds.

We are moving when our lease is up.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:02 AM

797 posts, read 1,145,952 times
why is this ?

upbringing !

Usually when someone lives like a pig their parents did also.

No pride =no pride

Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 AM

690 posts, read 827,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
why is this ?

upbringing !

Usually when someone lives like a pig their parents did also.

No pride =no pride
How about respect for others?

Old 02-24-2013, 01:37 PM

3,149 posts, read 3,614,110 times
When I was a kid in the 60s there was a jingle ad on TV about littering? Anyone remember it?

"Please, please don't be a litter bug..." (can't remember the rest of the words)

Littering in some areas is a finable offense.

Evidently it's rarely enforced.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 PM

4,585 posts, read 11,001,603 times
I live in NE GA and it's really bad here, my little dirt road is always filled with empties and fast food stuff, we also get plenty of dogs dumped year round.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM

5,834 posts, read 9,220,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I live in NE GA and it's really bad here, my little dirt road is always filled with empties and fast food stuff, we also get plenty of dogs dumped year round.
That's what hurts me the most- dumped animals. I am at capacity right now and I end up doing what the pigs should have done- taking them to the animal control shelter. It kills me every time I have to do it but it is a far better way to die than getting attacked by a pack of coyotes, getting hit by a car or starving to death. At least they have a slight chance of getting adopted.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:26 PM

5,357 posts, read 5,290,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
When I was a kid in the 60s there was a jingle ad on TV about littering? Anyone remember it?

"Please, please don't be a litter bug..." (can't remember the rest of the words)

" 'cause every litter-bit hurts,"

Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 PM

4,128 posts, read 5,441,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post

Tell that to Arlo Guthrie.

Truthfully it would be enforced except for the fact that one would need to witness it. (the act)

Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM

6,591 posts, read 21,276,873 times
mabe its because i am in a very rural area but its fairly clean here unles were talking a few days after a good windstorm...
heck when we were staying in nashville, even in the rougher parts of the scity we were suprised at how clean it was compared to new england! and out here in the middle of nowehre west tn....unless the wind dragged it there or its got a "free" sign on it ts rare to see much trash strwn about the place...

unfortunatly thoughwe d getour fair share of roadside puppies nd kittens though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living