U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,030,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadylady View Post
I agree with wanting to stay on decent terms with your neighbors.
Are you sure that it's his stuff in the shed?
Yelp he said it was,I looked in,it's full of Boxes of stuff and Lawn Furniture.

I'm not a Hard A but if he wants to cause too much stink I can be.

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 09:58 PM

45,699 posts, read 43,920,196 times
Did you put the shed there?

Did you know he was putting his stuff in it?

Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Did you put the shed there?

Did you know he was putting his stuff in it?
I just bought the property,the Shed was here.

brushrunner

Old 04-26-2013, 01:31 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
23,509 posts, read 41,105,188 times
A property line adjustment cost me about $2000 in a case where I needed some of their property, and they were willing to swap part of theirs.

Don't make an issue out of it, things can get ugly and make BEING HOME very miserable. I have seen neighbors pour antifreeze in an area that ran onto some else's property, then call the Environmental police. + midnight Chainsaw, fireworks, motorcycles, all weekend trap shooting parties... Oh, and the UP-WIND chicken and pig pens, and burn barrels...

I'm so grateful for my GOOD neighbors and aim to keep the peace.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:46 AM

1,379 posts, read 2,722,940 times
Have you spoken to your neighbor since you found the pins? Or did the lawyer call him? If so, what was he told by the lawyer?
Now that he's realized that it was his "mistake", maybe he's embarrassed or reluctant to admit it. If you don't want the stuff or the shed, you could offer to help him move the stuff, in a neighborly way.
I so agree with StealthRabbit. You want to have a good relationship with your neighbors. Even if it means you go out of your way a little. But, that doesn't mean you just give him the land and forget about it! Give him your help, instead.
Good luck.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Have you spoken to your neighbor since you found the pins? Or did the lawyer call him? If so, what was he told by the lawyer?
Now that he's realized that it was his "mistake", maybe he's embarrassed or reluctant to admit it. If you don't want the stuff or the shed, you could offer to help him move the stuff, in a neighborly way.
I so agree with StealthRabbit. You want to have a good relationship with your neighbors. Even if it means you go out of your way a little. But, that doesn't mean you just give him the land and forget about it! Give him your help, instead.
Good luck.
The Lawyer told him the Shed and Contents were mine.

To make matters more interesting he is Head of Home Land Security in our county and he is one to let his power go to his head.

brushrunner

Old 04-26-2013, 11:58 AM

.....which is why it might be difficult for him to admit he was wrong.
I still think it would be easier for you, in the long run, to be as neighborly as possible.
End goal.....move the shed and not gain an enemy in the process.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
.....which is why it might be difficult for him to admit he was wrong.
I still think it would be easier for you, in the long run, to be as neighborly as possible.
End goal.....move the shed and not gain an enemy in the process.
Well there is no moving this Shed because of size and it's on a hill side.Plus I can't have his Lagoon,which is shared by 3 other places,draining on my property,not counting the fact that some of said Lagoon is on my property.

I just can't see any way of not making a enemy with out giving up thousands of dollars and me being Happy.Actually I'm making 5 families enimies because of this.

Him and several others around me messed up by not getting problems taken care of on their properties taken care of when they bought,which is what I'm trying to do (take care of problems) before it gets years down the road.

brushrunner

Old 04-26-2013, 03:35 PM

I wish you luck. Sounds like they have made a mess of it for you.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:50 PM

29,582 posts, read 64,152,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
She said no we could sell it.
That's odd... but you could still sell it to the neighbor for $1.
That sh/would address the legal principles involved.

Meanwhile... do something to better mark those pins.
Maybe plant some specimen trees or erect some tall poles with bat boxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living