Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 03:00 AM

6,300 posts, read 4,196,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I don't see anything specific to small towns in your post. I lived in a city of 600k and ran into the same issues.

I agree. I've lived in cities,suburbs,towns and small villages and there are issues with each but it's like comparing apples and oranges. Even within one state the dynamics of one small town to the next can be dramatically different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 05:30 AM

1,793 posts, read 3,350,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
back in 2008 I left an urban area to live in a small rural town, I posted all the good points in 2013 and planned on posting the negatives a month later ,its hard to believe its been 4 years. here is my original post:

small town living review

Whats much worst is the local yokels, thanks to a life time of poor diet and smoking since middle school many have health issues.I have little sympathy for them, they brought it upon themselves. the fact that some are massively fat also doesnt help. goodgod I had no idea you can even be this big and still be classified as a single person, I mean everytime they walk they get complaint letters from seismologists(rim shot!!)Its even sadder when I see little kids and they are massive but what do you expect when they are raised on twinkies and cherry cola.But they dont care, they are on social security and have all their medical expenses paid for, even their very fancy wheelchairs.I looked one of them up and it cost $7K!! but hey nothing is too good for the man who doesnt have to pay for it himself thats right folks, its you the sappy taxpayer that foots the bills, and boy do the local yokels exploit it.Another thing that bothers me is that most of these families have trucks/cars but they still use the local van service to get to the doctor and yes its a very expensive service, they just built a shiny new facility at the edge of town that must have cost a small fortune so you know they are charging the taxpayers up the wazoo!!

next time : the arts in a small town.

I think you should move back to the city - you have the perfect temperament for it: judgmental with no compassion or comprehension of what YOU CAN DO TO HELP. Much better for you to be back in that asphalt jungle where people are nameless and faceless, and you don't need to be concerned about them at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living