Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Vehicle Code allow nose in parking to save space?
No 26 50.00%
Yes 7 13.46%
Petition city traffic code enforcement or congressman 5 9.62%
Do nothing 14 26.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 12:07 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,429,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
Yea, skunk urine on the vehicle handles works nicely IMO.
Who recommended that way to handle people with poor parking skills

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 05:33 PM

927 posts, read 757,826 times
you could be a multi level marketer or scientologist whenever you see them with a big howdy

Old 08-04-2019, 12:40 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Skunk odor can be smelled for blocks away and if you have an air conditioning system it can be picked up and spread throughout the house.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:24 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Skunk odor can be smelled for blocks away and if you have an air conditioning system it can be picked up and spread throughout the house.
Central AC is a closed system. It doesn't bring in air from the outside.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Central AC is a closed system. It doesn't bring in air from the outside.
Not all systems are central ac systems and enclosed. We have many outside systems, especially swamp cooler piggybacks that collect outside smells.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:41 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Not all systems are central ac systems and enclosed. We have many outside systems, especially swamp cooler piggybacks that collect outside smells.
Swamp coolers and/or evaporative coolers are not ac systems...

Old 08-05-2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Swamp coolers and/or evaporative coolers are not ac systems...
Yes they are. They condition the air that's what ac means. And the piggybacks attached ac/swamp coolers use the same duct systems.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:46 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,354,389 times
Quote:
Yes they are. They condition the air that's what ac means. And the piggybacks attached ac/swamp coolers use the same duct systems.
Providing some insight here so people don't get confused. Swam coolers don't condition the air. Central ac units are closed systems and don't allow in external air. Swamp coolers can piggyback on the same ducts, but they aren't part of the ac unit.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:52 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,027,362 times
Our HOA rules say no parking on the street for personal vehicles. But it isn’t enforced and we haven’t pushed it.

Unless your HOA owns the streets (most do not) they cannot enforce these rules. They try to by having people think they can enforce but you should look into whether they have the right to fine the car owner parking there. You are paying dues and this is devaluing your property. If you find out they do not own the road then keep quiet about it.

Proving that your neighbors hit your sprinkler and caused you damage (water cost, driveway repair) is handled through small claims court. Take LOTS of photos with you and written proof that you asked your neighbors not to park there due to your sprinklers. And you'll also need to take some proof that the sprinklers are on your property.

If it is your property you should put up a fence or put large pots of cactus. If they damage those you have double proof.

BUT...do you want to start a war with these people? Do they have guns?
One of our (nice) neighbors repeatedly backed into our mailbox because it was in his driveway back-up flight path. After a year (and it was tilted) we bought a new mailbox and put it in a nother location. Did he apologize, offer to help or pay? No. But problem solved.

If I were you I'd move the sprinklers. People are allowed to park along the roadway. Maybe borrow a bum car and park it in front of their house (J/K).

Old 08-21-2019, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,076 times
I live in a pretty tight neighborhood, and there isn't much space between our houses. A couple of years ago, my current neighbor moved in and right off the bat they came with a Ford 250, Subaru Outback and a 16ft trailer that they parked in the grass between our 2 houses because they had no more driveway space; completely legal, says the city code enforcer, nothing I can do about it. Next he buys an RV, now the subaru goes into the street in front of their house while the Ford and RV are now in the driveway and a trailer is still in our grass median. Next this ******* adds a Jeep Cheroke to the stable and this is now parked in the street in front of my house, because to add to all of this he got a new job as a welder and now has added his welding truck to all of the other vehicles parked in front of his property, which again is tiny. Now that being said, he has plenty of room to park all of his vehicles in front of his own house by blocking the driveway, but refuses to do it instead he makes his overflow of cars my problem and blocks the front of my house.

A couple of you have asked what the problem is. Since parking on the street is 1st come 1st served, he has the right to move in 18 vehicles and block other neighbor's property?? I take pride in the appearance of my property and his crap is lowering my property's value. How is that fair?? I tried parking my car in the street in front of my own house to block him and maybe give him a hint that I'd appreciate him not parking there. Problem is, anytime I moved my car, he would back his up back in front of mine and he NEVER uses that JEEP. He may take it around the block maybe once every couple of months, so I'm screwed if I need to use my vehicle and open the space up for him.

The other part that pisses me off is guests of mine can't park in front of my house because of his bulls**t and there is a safety hazard. With all of his vehicles parked in the street, my GF and I have both almost been hit by passing cars while trying to get out of our own driveway because we can't see around them.

Still its all legal and there is nothing I can do and I don't understand why there is no law protecting home owner's space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living