Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 12:27 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
You yourself wrote the 50’x50’ yard in your earier post.

You obviously have a bad case of chip on shoulder combined with oppositional defiance disorder.

If you think people call LE too much, don’t be so offended when they instead kill your free-roaming dog on THEIR property.

Coming from cities has nothing to do with willingness to either call police OR willingness to SSS.
I never said I had a 50x50 yard. I said "I would not have a dog if I had to keep it locked in essentially a 50x50 prison in my back yard" referring to those people that basically imprison a dog in a small fenced in area in their little yards.

Now don't be trying to put some silly label on me. lol I had to google that one just to see what that goofy disorder name is used on. You missed the mark on that one. I have no problems with law enforcement. As I have stated, I know most of them around here. I am kin to some and went to school with many. We have laughed about some of those that call the sheriffs office all the time complaining about normal things for rural areas.

I don't have an outside dog anymore. After my last dog died at the age of 15, I never got another. I actually do not care for having dogs all that much and never have. The kids wanted a dog when they were young.

It has been our experience that people that have lived most or all of their lives in the city and in subdivisions do in fact call the police a lot when they try moving out into a rural area. It is like they want all of the structure and ordinances in the city to be applied to living out in the country. It is just a different lifestyle that most of them just are not prepared for and have trouble accepting. I have absolutely no idea what your acronym "SSS" is supposed to represent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 03:12 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,391,212 times
Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

Old 09-05-2018, 04:23 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
ODD is not limited to defying authority figures.

Deliberately doing more of what the woman you make fun of complained about sums it up.

Your being buds or kin of local LE doesn’t make any difference. Maybe they are stereotypical good ol’ boys who look the other way, depending on who is doing what.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:39 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:
ODD is not limited to defying authority figures.

Deliberately doing more of what the woman you make fun of complained about sums it up.

Your being buds or kin of local LE doesn’t make any difference. Maybe they are stereotypical good ol’ boys who look the other way, depending on who is doing what.
Fun stuff. lol I think you finally figured it out. That is sort of how the real world works you know.

I'm out of this thread and won't be back to look at any more replies. I have had my fun and done all of the bickering with late teen/early 20 something year olds that I am going to do in this one.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:21 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post

Fun stuff. lol I think you finally figured it out. That is sort of how the real world works you know.

I'm out of this thread and won't be back to look at any more replies. I have had my fun and done all of the bickering with late teen/early 20 something year olds that I am going to do in this one.
Sure, sure. You claimed you were done back at post #149.

Your little bit of AL rural “code” does not apply everywhere else. Don’t like people who try to do something less drastic than SSS, then don’t whine about it when they “finally figure out” the way to get things done without relying on your alleged bloodkin cops. The family tree must be...oh, never mind.

Thanks, though, for adding fuel to the stereotype of southern cops!

Old 09-05-2018, 06:24 PM

329 posts, read 250,097 times
Here in rural NC we also do the SSS method. I've got over 150 chickens on my small farm. Whenever I see some critter going after them, stalking them, etc they get nailed in the head with a .22.

If you don't then that predator will be back the next day to grab a chicken.

I would suggest an anonymous note in the mailbox. If that don't work it's rifle time.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:25 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Sure, sure. You claimed you were done back at post #149.

Your little bit of AL rural “code” does not apply everywhere else. Don’t like people who try to do something less drastic than SSS, then don’t whine about it when they “finally figure out” the way to get things done without relying on your alleged bloodkin cops. The family tree must be...oh, never mind.

Thanks, though, for adding fuel to the stereotype of southern cops!

Personally I do not feel that any rural code would save anybody from one good picture on the internet today. Somebody shown killing any pet will be crucified. It could even change a state's laws once the legislators felt the heat. Bill Maher would forget to pick on Trump one night just to focus on new Simon Lagree! Heck; you would probably have pickets and property damage before they ever forgot you - if they ever did. Of course you would have to be fired from work because the business could not be seen approving of a pet killer! Then you might never find another job! Of course you might not need another job because somebody would find something to lock your butt up!

Simple solutions are not simply solutions when you really look at all the possible ramifications of your actions! There are many people that would love to snap that one photograph that put's their name in light and fills their pockets.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:10 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
https://morgancountycitizen.com/2015...om-judge-judy/

Old 09-06-2018, 11:58 AM

957 posts, read 1,133,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
Any suggestions?
pretend to go for a hunt when it's dark, very early in the morning or late in the evening and right when you see the dog shoot it dead, if asked "well I mistook it for a boar", the owner will get the lesson...

Old 09-06-2018, 01:40 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
pretend to go for a hunt when it's dark, very early in the morning or late in the evening and right when you see the dog shoot it dead, if asked "well I mistook it for a boar", the owner will get the lesson...
What are you people on going around shooting dogs.. its someones pet. surely talk it over with the dogs owner.. its no wonder people are out protesting about gun control over there. all too quick to use one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living