U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-08-2008, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
28,427 posts, read 48,199,274 times
Reputation: 20104

Advertisements

CINCINNATI, June 8 (UPI) -- A new outhouse built by a Cincinnati non-profit group is simply too fancy for Elbert "Lew" Preston, the Ohio farmer says.

The 79-year-old retired tobacco farmer said the outhouse built by People Working Cooperatively is a far cry from the simple wooden structure he once had sitting above a hole in the ground, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Sunday.

New outhouse too fancy for farmer - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-04-2008, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,257 posts, read 11,402,849 times
Reputation: 30940
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
CINCINNATI, June 8 (UPI) -- A new outhouse built by a Cincinnati non-profit group is simply too fancy for Elbert "Lew" Preston, the Ohio farmer says.

The 79-year-old retired tobacco farmer said the outhouse built by People Working Cooperatively is a far cry from the simple wooden structure he once had sitting above a hole in the ground, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Sunday.

New outhouse too fancy for farmer - UPI.com
I admire the plain and simple humility shown by many of our country's elders. These folks have seen alot of things, they want little, and they sure know how to make due with what they have. I really wish that the younger generations were generally strong enough to emulate these traits (myself included).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2008, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Middleton, Wisconsin
4,229 posts, read 15,580,955 times
Reputation: 2295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I admire the plain and simple humility shown by many of our country's elders. These folks have seen alot of things, they want little, and they sure know how to make due with what they have. I really wish that the younger generations were generally strong enough to emulate these traits (myself included).

I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2008, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Virginia (soon Ellsworth)
653 posts, read 1,724,565 times
Reputation: 327
those people should leave the old man alone, he chose to live in the rural area, he could not hurt any one just to have his own out house.

next things they going to tell him, he can not have vegetables garden if he raise chichens.

we are creating a sociaty have less and less tolerance to virus, next time some body sneeze, they will put him in the quarantine area.


Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
CINCINNATI, June 8 (UPI) -- A new outhouse built by a Cincinnati non-profit group is simply too fancy for Elbert "Lew" Preston, the Ohio farmer says.

The 79-year-old retired tobacco farmer said the outhouse built by People Working Cooperatively is a far cry from the simple wooden structure he once had sitting above a hole in the ground, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Sunday.

New outhouse too fancy for farmer - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2008, 09:56 PM
 
24,841 posts, read 32,911,017 times
Reputation: 11471
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonskyler View Post
those people should leave the old man alone, he chose to live in the rural area, he could not hurt any one just to have his own out house.

next things they going to tell him, he can not have vegetables garden if he raise chichens.

we are creating a sociaty have less and less tolerance to virus, next time some body sneeze, they will put him in the quarantine area.
His outhouse was in violation of the heath code. He will have to pay to have it pumped. He will not like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top