Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:02 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I don't know about anybody else but I am really impressed!!
None of the successful business people I know have much money invested in equipment.

Or maybe it's just that they don't feel the need to brag about it?
Come to think about it, they are also open to and respectful of ideas and methods other than their own.
Give me some scientific proof, links, something and I will read it. Come on, I have given links, and a picture. Waiting.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 01:12 PM

Water Locating, Computer, #1 Method geophysics, High capacity water wells, Topics-Water Witching, Well Driller"

It explains witching. Enjoy.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:58 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
By the way Driller1-------the three well drillers in my area that you insulted --------

One of them (the one that drilled my well) is the LARGEST installer of water systems in the state of Minnesota.

The other, has been in business since 1942 and also has modern equipment.
The third is the "new kid"---------He also has modern equipment but has ONLY been in business since 1968.

None of those 3 would "walk out" because a paying landowner told them where he wanted them to drill.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:03 PM

653 posts, read 1,918,768 times
wow 20GPM is a dry hole, i think i have a big problem on my hand now. three years ago we have our well drill in the foot hill of Blue Ridge mountain, when it reach 300 feet, which is a limit for a fixed price. the driller picked up a moist rock powder in hand and said we got about 1/2 to 1gpm, we agree to go down 20 feets section at the time to see if we have a better result, at 360 feet still not better. the driller is very nice person and i trust him, he said we can drill another hole or just use this one, he said he knew people have well with 1gpm they have no problem with.
we been here three year have not run in to a dry yet, may be we use so little water ?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I call anything under 20GPM a dry hole. I am in a different area.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:23 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Give me some scientific proof, links, something and I will read it. Come on, I have given links, and a picture. Waiting.......
You're going to be waiting quite a while.
What I wrote was
"what they think is a scientifically plausable explanation "

As far as a link....they're just old guys but they do have a phone and would probably be happy to share their theory.Would their number be OK?

I'm OK with humbly admitting I will probably die without knowing the "scientific' explanation for many many things but have no problem allowing for the fact that there probably is one that will come to light eventually.

From other postings of yours I gather you have come a long hard way and have done well.
I can appreciate that and congratulate you.
It does not mean that yours is the only and/or best way or that other....even "old fashioned"..... methods are always inferior .

In fact there is still an open controversy around here as to whether or not rotary drills consistantly end up with deeper wells than pounders/tamping.
What with anecdotal examples and the fact that wells cost on a 'per foot' basis, it makes for good debates about 'modern' methods.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You're going to be waiting quite a while.
What I wrote was
"what they think is a scientifically plausable explanation "

As far as a link....they're just old guys but they do have a phone and would probably be happy to share their theory.Would their number be OK?

I'm OK with humbly admitting I will probably die without knowing the "scientific' explanation for many many things but have no problem allowing for the fact that there probably is one that will come to light eventually.

From other postings of yours I gather you have come a long hard way and have done well.
I can appreciate that and congratulate you.
It does not mean that yours is the only and/or best way or that other....even "old fashioned"..... methods are always inferior .

In fact there is still an open controversy around here as to whether or not rotary drills consistantly end up with deeper wells than pounders/tamping.
What with anecdotal examples and the fact that wells cost on a 'per foot' basis, it makes for good debates about 'modern' methods.
Phone number works for me. I'll call him.

My take take on the controversy of rotary. We do go deeper because we can. Not for the money, in fact, my profit margin is higher on a 50 foot well with a screen than a 300 foot well in the rock. I can do three screened wells a day. Screens are expensive. Please read the Wellowner.org - Informing consumers about ground water and water wells link.

The wells pounded in will slim over at the intake. They just can not cut enough bed rock.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonskyler View Post
wow 20GPM is a dry hole, i think i have a big problem on my hand now. three years ago we have our well drill in the foot hill of Blue Ridge mountain, when it reach 300 feet, which is a limit for a fixed price. the driller picked up a moist rock powder in hand and said we got about 1/2 to 1gpm, we agree to go down 20 feets section at the time to see if we have a better result, at 360 feet still not better. the driller is very nice person and i trust him, he said we can drill another hole or just use this one, he said he knew people have well with 1gpm they have no problem with.
we been here three year have not run in to a dry yet, may be we use so little water ?.
What size is the casing??? I am lucky to live in Michigan. My well I fill my water truck with pumps 100 gallon a minute. I use a 5 horse power pump. In southern Midland country the trick is to get a drift (screend) well before you hit the brine.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
By the way Driller1-------the three well drillers in my area that you insulted --------

One of them (the one that drilled my well) is the LARGEST installer of water systems in the state of Minnesota.

The other, has been in business since 1942 and also has modern equipment.
The third is the "new kid"---------He also has modern equipment but has ONLY been in business since 1968.

None of those 3 would "walk out" because a paying landowner told them where he wanted them to drill.
I would not hire any of them. Where is your warranty? Who will back their work?????? Some of my wells are $10,000-$15,000. I would not want the guy to retire or die. To big of an investment.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM

653 posts, read 1,918,768 times
i think it is 8". I have not try to water my garden longer than 30 minutes.

Quote:
What size is the casing??? I am lucky to live in Michigan. My well I fill my water truck with pumps 100 gallon a minute. I use a 5 horse power pump. In southern Midland country the trick is to get a drift (screend) well before you hit the brine.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonskyler View Post
i think it is 8". I have not try to water my garden longer than 30 minutes.
That makes sense. You have a lot of storage right in your casing. We drill 5" PVC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living