U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 05:20 PM

253 posts, read 718,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I feel for you and your situation.. I'm a dog lover and I TOTALLY agree with what you said except for the outlaw part.

I know you are mad at dogs but it's the owners fault that the dogs behave in the way that you have described.

Today, people are LAZY and STUPID therefore the dog basically takes on the characteristics of the owners.

As a responsible dog owner I sincerely apologize on behalf the 90% of the idiot dog owners.

BTW, this should give you an idea as to why children today are so troublesome; some parents raise there children just a little better then there family pet.
i agree, in my neighborhood, people let their dogs use everyone else yard as a potty ground, some owners stand there and smile at you while they do it!!! some dont even come out when their dogs bark, they just ignore it, why have a watch dog if you dont check why its barking????
and seriously, it does get old to try and go for a walk or let your kids go ride theirbikes when dogs are attacking them everytime.
do like i do, instead of hating the dogs, take a notepad with you next time, and your camerea phone, take a pic and write down the address, call it in to animal control and cops EACH time, they will cite the owners and hopefully get dogs undercontrol, hopefully in a fence, or face losing their dogs. they will also remind owners of the legal trouble they could be in if their dog bites or causes harm to someone.
but please....as anoying as it is, dont hate dogs, its the owners fault.
and i agree with this poster...it does explain why kids now days also run wild, no one cares enought to take dogs and kids in hand and raise them right, sad for the world. take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 09:38 PM

24,841 posts, read 32,889,763 times
We live 1/8th mile off the road on 100 acres. I am sure my dogs bother no one.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:08 PM

370 posts, read 923,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I am so sick and tired of dogs!

I have finally stopped going for walks around my neighborhood because of the stupid dogs at every other house that come charging at me. Where are the bleepin' owners?

I live in a town where the houses don't have fenced yards. As you can tell from my name, I used to live in California. Everybody has fences there, so you can walk around your block in relative peace.

But HERE....no way. People let their dogs hang out on their front lawns, and then when I walk by...look out!

From small poodles to big labradors, 90% of the dogs see me coming and go mad. I'm only 5'6" tall, and I don't think I look at all scary. I try to ignore the dogs and stay as far away from their yard as possible, but I can't walk in the middle of the street!

Every once in awhile the owner will hear the ruckus and come out....and CALM THE DOG! Instead of apologizing to me, they coo their dog and tell them it will be okay. Huh?

I wish dogs would be outlawed. Take them all to the woods and leave them there. Survival of the fittest.

Now I just walk on a treadmill in my basement. Not very pleasant at all.

I love dogs and have 2 of them but can sympathize with you. When I go running I carry military pepper spray. If a dog charges me and is running at my heels it gets sprayed directly in the face. Never have I had one continue chasing me. They always stop immediately and I continue running. One time one of the owners yelled at me as the dog was running back to its yard and I just said that I'd rather teach your dog a hard lesson than have you paying my medical bills. My dogs are let in our yard as well but are trained to not leave the property. The only time they bark or chase is if someone is already IN our yard and approaching the house which is of course their job.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:11 PM

5,235 posts, read 11,814,109 times
Well, I read it anyway. I love dogs; people are the problem. They should be sent out into the woods to live alone because if they can't take care of dogs properly, they need to be removed from civilization. Ya know, you just can't fix stupid and I've seen some of the stupidest dog owners this world has to offer. I wish they'd all go away.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:36 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,871,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Well, I read it anyway. I love dogs; people are the problem. They should be sent out into the woods to live alone because if they can't take care of dogs properly, they need to be removed from civilization. Ya know, you just can't fix stupid and I've seen some of the stupidest dog owners this world has to offer. I wish they'd all go away.
Amen! I will never understand why some people will have a dog or a cat and then not take care of it but then look at how some take care of their kids. Yes, "people" are the problem.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:28 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,686,634 times
I often times wonder if there is a correlation between how someone's dogs behave and how that person's kids behave.

When a dog owner defends his dog's aggressive behavior and his dog's trespassing, does he also defend that same behavior from his kids?

When he isn't concerned his barking dogs disturb the neighborhood with their noise, does he also condone his kids playing their "boom boxes" loud and disturbing the neighbors?

Yes, I believe there is a correlation.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 AM

300 posts, read 1,370,904 times
marmac...

for once I agree with you! Will wonders never cease!

Old 03-15-2009, 08:35 AM

33 posts, read 58,592 times
sounds to me like you need to move to a dogless community

Old 03-15-2009, 09:01 AM

33 posts, read 58,592 times
i within the last 2yrs just rescued 2 dogs the had just that done to them! I live in rural tn and people are ruthless when it comes to animals.1 dog was in the process of being attacked by a pack of coyotes when i got to it,they were eating him alive while trying to kill him,ultimatly i shot him and some of the coyotes to keep him from suffering.the other dog was a 6month old pup starved to death,i took him in,got him medical treatment and now he is a great loving dog.dont take it out on the dogs -take it out on the owners,theyre the ones whom made them that way.punish them instead!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 10:35 AM

3,857 posts, read 5,385,080 times
I haven't decided which is worse: the mess that their owners let them leave all over, or the constant noise made by some chained dogs; again, made possible by obstinate owners. There is an excellent site, www.barkingdogs.net which offers ways of dealing with noisy dogs. Let's see, if I go find my own hundred acres to live on in relative peace, I pay big time. If I put a howling dog out of its misery, I live in a 6x8 space, and pay big time. On my acreage, I am labeled a hermit; in my cell, I am labeled a dog hater. When did wanting some peace and quiet become such a reviled thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living