U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 PM

24,841 posts, read 32,884,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
What isn't real about Judge Joe Brown?

Heck, you and those tresspassers could have been on the show if you wanted to.

Yup, they give real names on the show-( not names like Driller 1 or TexasHorseLady)
Can we now be assured "marmac" is your REAL name????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 02:47 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Joe_Brown

Better do some reading.......

Old 04-24-2009, 06:25 PM

20,487 posts, read 38,404,041 times
Quote:
Yup, they give real names on the show-( not names like Driller 1 or TexasHorseLady)
And marmac?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
And marmac?
Do you think "marmac" is a first or last name??? I am having a little trouble with People Find on this one.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:49 PM

4,178 posts, read 9,536,988 times
I live in a tiny rural village and am planning to get some chickens. I will put them in enclosed "chicken tractors" (movable coops) to scoot them about the garden. This will help keep bugs and weeds down, and cause my manure not to build up in one place. While I was discussing this with my neighbors, one woman fatuously said, "Well, I have a retriever that gets out all the time, so if she comes into your yard and tries to get your chickens, you can shoot her with a pellet gun". Uh-hunh. Pellet gun. Believe THAT if you want to.

Some folks think that the rest of the world should have to put up with their dogs that they cannot control, even in their own yards. My dogs are inside, or on leashes, or staked out in my yard. While I don't recommend coming into my yard, I certainly won't let my dogs off the leash, or free to molest others in public spaces or in their own yards. And I expect the same courtesy from others... or their dog may not come home. At all.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
I live in a tiny rural village and am planning to get some chickens. I will put them in enclosed "chicken tractors" (movable coops) to scoot them about the garden. This will help keep bugs and weeds down, and cause my manure not to build up in one place. While I was discussing this with my neighbors, one woman fatuously said, "Well, I have a retriever that gets out all the time, so if she comes into your yard and tries to get your chickens, you can shoot her with a pellet gun". Uh-hunh. Pellet gun. Believe THAT if you want to.

Some folks think that the rest of the world should have to put up with their dogs that they cannot control, even in their own yards. My dogs are inside, or on leashes, or staked out in my yard. While I don't recommend coming into my yard, I certainly won't let my dogs off the leash, or free to molest others in public spaces or in their own yards. And I expect the same courtesy from others... or their dog may not come home. At all.
I would just charge about $50 a chicken. Her dog will stay home.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:28 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,683,788 times
Another fairy tale.

If you sued the dog owner, a court or judge will only award you for the damages ( not for whatever price you can dream up )

SC Granny is right in protecting her chickens fron dogs owned by people who don't care.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Another fairy tale.

If you sued the dog owner, a court or judge will only award you for the damages ( not for whatever price you can dream up )

SC Granny is right in protecting her chickens fron dogs owned by people who don't care.
LOL I guess it would have to be my prise chicken. I was thinking more of a home owner's claim.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:59 AM

4,178 posts, read 9,536,988 times
$50 a chicken, from a family of seven? That's blood from a turnip...

My chickens are for eggs and meat - inside MY freezer, not her dog. I have no use for chicken killin dogs nor the people who allow them to run free, any more than I have any use for folks who think that their dogs have the right off of their property to bother other people. That isn't a dog lover, it's a passive-aggressive looking for empowerment. "Hee hee - don't mind ME, I'm gonna do whatever I please and you'll just have to put up with it!"

Um - no.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
$50 a chicken, from a family of seven? That's blood from a turnip...

My chickens are for eggs and meat - inside MY freezer, not her dog. I have no use for chicken killin dogs nor the people who allow them to run free, any more than I have any use for folks who think that their dogs have the right off of their property to bother other people. That isn't a dog lover, it's a passive-aggressive looking for empowerment. "Hee hee - don't mind ME, I'm gonna do whatever I please and you'll just have to put up with it!"

Um - no.
Neither do I. Lighten up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living