U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 02:45 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,679,656 times

Advertisements

Archie--------plese post what part of Texas trespass laws that state you can shoot anyone who trespasses on your land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 02:58 PM

17,088 posts, read 22,602,664 times
80(R) SB 378 - Enrolled version - Bill Text

In Alaska:

Alaska Statutes: AS 11.81.335. Justification: Use of Deadly Force in Defense of Self.

In practice works as I said.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
-------the sign amounts to a contract-----

In your mind only

You could take that sign to your "homesteading" outhouse and use it for toilet paper and the results would be the same !

Where in the world do you "homesteaders" (and wannabe " homesteaders" ) dream up these wild ideas ?
Then try trespassing. I assure you, it does work, people have done it in the past, and if you trespass on my property I will go to small claims court and get my money out of you...a property owner may apply any conditions he or she wants to the entering and use of their property.

LANDRIGHTS.COM

Old 03-19-2009, 07:45 PM

Archie------I read your link to Texas law and it doesb't even come close to what you are spewing here on this thread.

I then clicked on your last link and got a good laugh.
You sound exactly like a few of my farmer neighbors when I moved here 31 years ago. They were tax protestors, and would come over to my farm with "tons" of information that they showed to get me to join them.

I told then, they should take all that paper and use it in the toilet, cuz if you can't get a judge to believe it you aRE DOOMED.

The leader got CONVICTED and served time at a prison in Sandstone MN.
One of my other neighbors saw his farm that he lived on all his life (and owned free and clear) austioned off on the Stearns County courthouse steps by the IRS.

People-----------be carefull what you read and regard as fact regarding legal issues.

It will turn otherwise good citizens into kooks and cause some to get imprisoned and some to lose their farm.

A person brainwashed by both a left wing group or a right wing group are still brainwashed.

By the way, both the leader of that tax protestor group and the neighbor who lost his farm-------proclaimed to their dying day they were-------right.

However, in America what you think is legal ( or are brainwashed into thinking it's legal---------is a moot point if the courts don't agree with you.

Wake up, Archie, before it's too late !

Old 03-19-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Archie------I read your link to Texas law and it doesb't even come close to what you are spewing here on this thread.
Actually it does since it's entirely based on how a person feels, and assumes if a person is where they aren't supposed to be that they were in the wrong. This is something that's gotten the antis upset, though it hasn't actually happened to date because 99.99 percent of people have the sense not to simply shoot people for simple trespass...what's legally right and morally/ethically right are not always the same.

Quote:
I then clicked on your last link and got a good laugh.
You sound exactly like a few of my farmer neighbors when I moved here 31 years ago. They were tax protestors, and would come over to my farm with "tons" of information that they showed to get me to join them.

I told then, they should take all that paper and use it in the toilet, cuz if you can't get a judge to believe it you aRE DOOMED.

The leader got CONVICTED and served time at a prison in Sandstone MN.
One of my other neighbors saw his farm that he lived on all his life (and owned free and clear) austioned off on the Stearns County courthouse steps by the IRS.

People-----------be carefull what you read and regard as fact regarding legal issues.

It will turn otherwise good citizens into kooks and cause some to get imprisoned and some to lose their farm.

A person brainwashed by both a left wing group or a right wing group are still brainwashed.

By the way, both the leader of that tax protestor group and the neighbor who lost his farm-------proclaimed to their dying day they were-------right.

However, in America what you think is legal ( or are brainwashed into thinking it's legal---------is a moot point if the courts don't agree with you.

Wake up, Archie, before it's too late !
Interesting, but I don't know what this has to do with the subject at hand. I don't know what your supposed neighbors were up to. I do know this, what I stated about a land use fee is true. Once posted, if someone trespasses, I can take them to small claims court for that fee. It's been done. Oh and I don't have property taxes or zoning on my land anyways...got to love the Unorganized Borough.

COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum. (Trolling 101)

Old 03-19-2009, 09:41 PM

Archie-------I have had many posters disagree with me on various topics.

I, however, am not that thin skinned to call them an internet troll.

Maybe that comes with my age and maturity.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:46 PM

19,556 posts, read 19,538,457 times
You come across like a typical PITA....

and a know it all as well.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:54 PM

oz---------I do make my mortgage payments on time, however.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 PM

19,556 posts, read 19,538,457 times
Me too...at this point in time.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:27 AM

4,729 posts, read 8,734,179 times
Marmac, I fail to see why you are taking this matter so personally and are being defensive. Just because someone else has a different opinion than yours or chooses to exercise their legal rights differently than you would certainly shouldn't be cause for you to resort to name-calling and derision. Why all the hostility?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living