U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:19 PM

106 posts, read 209,241 times

Advertisements

Wheeled invaders, caltrops are good, (4-pronged tire-puncturing devices) strategically placed in the path, after the no trespassing signs have failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 05:39 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,158,208 times
I would not recommend that...they would get hurt and they would sue you. Maine has a program that has a group of people act as mediators between disputes among neighbors and farmers. Next time I am going to call them, or just call the cops. It is pretty hard to figure out what the loss on lodged hay is, but once you put a fiscal figure on that, well they stand up and take notice.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:49 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,683,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTap View Post
I would not recommend that...they would get hurt and they would sue you. Maine has a program that has a group of people act as mediators between disputes among neighbors and farmers. Next time I am going to call them, or just call the cops. It is pretty hard to figure out what the loss on lodged hay is, but once you put a fiscal figure on that, well they stand up and take notice.
--"act as mediators between disputes "--

What is there to--mediate--involving trespassing with a 4-wheeler ?
I can see the purpose of--mediating-- a fence line dispute between meighbors or similar situations where both parties feel they are in the right.

But please tell me what there is to --mediate--involving a 4-wheeler trespassing and damaging a crop?

Will they --mediate--a compromise that he can only ride his 4-wheeler in your hayfield on odd numbered days of the month ? ( sarc)

Sounds like your situation warrants law enforcement and not mediation.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,699,389 times
I would definitely expect reimbursment for the loss of the crop! No one should be allowed to get by with that, or any other damage that they had willfully done to your property.
Whatever happened to being responsible for your actions!

We taught our son that if he deliberately got into trouble, he was going to take the consequences. We would not bail him out. And he did, a couple of times, and we stood by what we said.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 PM

21,104 posts, read 36,600,807 times
This is one of my pet peeves. I fllipping can't stand ATVs. They inflict terrible damage to our trails system as well as damage to wooded areas.
As to any tresspassing? NO
I purposely made sure the property was nowhere near a trail system.
Snowmobiling is much more popular around here, and they mainly stay on the designated trails.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:03 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,962,646 times
He's losing it.
Attached Thumbnails
ATV Tresspassers: Any issues at your place?-losing-.bmp  

Old 08-15-2009, 11:27 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,120 posts, read 7,659,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I have signs on my desert property... "HIKERS AND HORSES WELCOME. ALL OTHERS WILL BE SHOT." .
What do you other land owners think about horses on your property ?

Old 08-15-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
What do you other land owners think about horses on your property ?

I don't want loose horses on my property. Now, if it is a neighbor riding in to visit, that is differant.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:15 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,683,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
I don't want loose horses on my property. Now, if it is a neighbor riding in to visit, that is differant.
Providing he is riding up my driveway and not coming across a field I just seeded

Old 08-15-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Providing he is riding up my driveway and not coming across a field I just seeded

I understand. We only have woods surrounding our yard, so it would only be my flower beds that they had better stay out of! And that goes for the rest of their livestock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living