U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 11:49 AM

41,490 posts, read 52,111,296 times

Advertisements

Your shotgun has a shorter barrel than your pistol and twice as many.

You consider buckshot to be a pest control load.

Your oldest shootin' iron was made in Connecticut before 1776.

Your still is older than your shootin' iron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 12:33 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,022,685 times
I won't say I am one but my spouse came from the redneck brood...

He trained his city wife to gut a fish, skin a muskrat, shoot a gun, hunt squirrels & make snapping turtle stew... deer is but a normal meat. And the entertainment is at the good ol' local coon club... food, drink, dance, game, social hangouts.

Even our 3rd grade DD have her very own weber BBQ grill like dad's, she fishes & hunts too... now we're talking.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,602,002 times
If u celebrate with potted meat crackers and root beer.

If u have trailer used as storage on your property.

If an animal species went extinct in your area because of u.

If u have a homemade weapon that shoots vegtables.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:09 PM

6,620 posts, read 11,881,001 times
If you'd rather be hunting right now.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:22 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,602,002 times
If your daughter got married twice at the courthouse without you knowing and still has single on her facebook.

If your daughter stole the gun under your mattress to sell it for pills.

If the new husband of your ex-wife asks you for money so he can pay for his new truck payments which is used to drive your children to school.

If Mexican is the most exotic food you've ever had.

If Washington DC is the farthest north you've ever traveled and you refuse to go north of there without a gun.

If you have an RV, 18-wheeler trailer, 1 ATV, 1 go-kart, 1 golf-kart, 1 motorcycle, 4 flat trailers, a 25th anniversary 5.0 mustang, newer f-150, 60's dodge work truck, and rusty 1961 Pontiac something another all between your house and sister's back yard.

If you have 200 tomatos and can't get rid of them, so you keep them and cut off the rotten peices before making a matar samwich or eating a bunch with a salt shaker or trade them at a local store in exchange for expiring eggs.

If political discussions in sunday school class has soured relationships with peers.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:32 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,030,188 times
Consider Slow Food

Old 01-22-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Ummm... ahhhh... out here, a truck wash is a hill with a hydrant (about every 5-10 miles on a two-lane state road).

We use 'em to wash out the cattle trailers.

You have to move QUICK in the springtime to get all that good manure piled up out there, before the road crews come by and haul it off...
We just go to the River open the Doors.

brushrunner

Old 01-22-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
You might be a redneck if....
Your dog rides in your truck more than your wife.
Guilty
2. You wear specific hats to farm sales, livestock auctions, customer appreciation suppers, and vacations.
Guilty
3. You have ever had to wash off in the backyard with a garden hose before your wife would let you in the house.
Guilty with Mom and Wife both.
4. You've never thrown away a 5-gallon bucket.
Guilty plus Coffee Cans and Bread Ties.
5. You can remember the fertilizer rate, seed population, herbicide rate and yields on a farm you rented 10 years ago, but cannot recall your wife's birthday.
Guilty catch heck about it every year but figured out this year its the start of Squirrel season.
6. You have used a velvet leaf plant as toilet paper.
Guilty but have aqlso used Oak Leaves and have Stems up my B Hole.Had Brush Fire one time had to send my Son over to the next ridge to get Leaves.
7. You have driven off the road while examining your neighbors crops.
Kind of drove off Low Water Bridge checking out a Deer.
8. You have borrowed gravel from the county road to fill potholes in your driveway.
Again kind of I got it off the side of the road.
9. You have buried a dog and cried like a baby.
Guilty just some Dogs you can't help but lose it.
10. You've used the same knife to make bull calves steers and peel apples.
Guilty plus Skinned Coons and cut up Turnip without wiping it off.

hillman
Oh this is Bad I was just reading these Dang sounds alot like me.Then I looked at the Name It was mine couple years ago.

brushrunner

Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 PM

9,324 posts, read 8,055,457 times
How about: Between you and your wife, you only have to attend one family reunion a year to see all your relatives.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:28 AM

2,759 posts, read 4,429,617 times
You might be a redneck (or a sledneck) if your four-wheeler or snowmachine cost more than your truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living