U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:18 PM

2,503 posts, read 5,634,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I know a freind that just moved back homje after eyar to a area nothwest of Dallas. When he was a kid he had neighbors illed in a tornado. The first thing he did after buyig was have a shelter put in. He desctribed it to me and it pretty large . It has abttery power auto maticallt charge and even a pumpo because he know of flooding problems . of course it has a cemant floor too. He siad that with teh new warnings its much easier than when he was a kid to seek shelter in time.I know when I was sationed in oklahoma I saw the result of sevral torandoes one year and basically the whole house was levels many times. We had to clear lookign for survivors. That was becaue the sheriif needed the help because he was super busy afterwards.We actually found people two days later from one storm;dead of course. i have always had a respect for torandoes afterthat and have gone thru sevral hurricanes too.Its the suddeness that is scary with tornadoes.I'd definite have a shelter the same as people living in hurreicane areas have seen maybe one relly dangerous storm in their life time but that is enough.
Your post actually gave me the chills. I've only seen the aftermath of tornadoes on t.v. When I was a kid, we had a bad storm (probably straight line winds) rip through our neighborhood in rural Pennsylvania. I've always been overly aware of the wind since that time. As Mick Jagger says "Give me shelter", lol. Intrigued by your personal story. Do you live in an area that gets hurricanes? Tornados? Definitely getting a shelter of some sort built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or