Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:44 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times

Advertisements

We had 4-H leaders that had a "pro-active" view of sex education. Both husband and wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 06:26 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,210,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think she meant " a farmer who's a leech".
Leech implies someone who is always using your stuff, borrowing things, leaving you with the check, mooching rides and not paying for gas.

Letch - has sexual conotation. Someone who's always oogling private parts, making crude comments, "accidently" brushing your body in close quarters or worse.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:45 PM

153 posts, read 238,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Leech implies someone who is always using your stuff, borrowing things, leaving you with the check, mooching rides and not paying for gas.

Letch - has sexual conotation. Someone who's always oogling private parts, making crude comments, "accidently" brushing your body in close quarters or worse.

Yes - that describes him to a "T", especially the oogling and brushing against.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:32 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,516,774 times
Well I am sorry you had to deal with that kind of behavior. Farmer or otherwise that kind of stuff just shouldn't happen in 2009, I would like to think farmers (and society as a whole) has evolved a bit more then that.

I wonder though if farmers kind of get a bad reputation for this due to the nature of farming. Don't get me wrong, I am not defending perverts here, but when I had my website, I turned down the offers from google and whatnot to advertise on my site because I had no idea what would pop up. I mean can you imagine what automatic ads would pop up as I talked about "vaginal prolapse", a common issue with sheep breeding, or lambs in heat", "rectal prolapse" or "placenta thickness".

The point is, for farmers, breeding is the life blood of our operation. I grew up around it so I am not at all squeamish talking about this sort of stuff, but I am sure for the general population overhearing me talking on my cell phone to a hired hand, veterinarian or family member could give them the wrong impression. I can see the sideways glances now as I talk someone through a stuck lamb at birth..."now shove your hand into the vagina and start feeling for feet..." (LOL)

Note: Sorry if this post offended anyone but you see my point. It's just the way it is, but as more and more people get away from the farm and food chain, such talk could be misread.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:15 AM

This guy was a vegetable farmer. There shouldn't have been any excuse for admiring comments about my butt or attempted caresses ("do you have enough sunscreen on?", running his hand up my arm and under my shirt) while I was stooped over planting garlic. Broken Tap - that part about feeling for feet was REALLY funny, LOL.

Last edited by stoogemania; 11-13-2009 at 07:38 AM..

Old 11-13-2009, 08:03 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,181,020 times
stoogemania------If it was my daughters, I would have advised them to speak out at the first inappropriate words and to quit if he did it again.

At the first inappropriate touch, I would advise them to slap his face and quit immediately.

When someone tolerates that under the guise of-------" but, I needed the money"---I usually tell them that is the phrase prostitutes use also.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:45 AM

Yes, I DID hit him. He had come up behind me unaware and touched my back under my shirt. Most of the time we were with other workers, and he was okay. I had worked for him several months, with no problems, until he gradually started bringing up the "swinging". It seems a lot of the women he had working for him participated. He knew off the bat I did NOT like being touched or hearing smut. The episode at the transplanter was the last straw and I quit. I think he had a sickness. He was used to a different caliber of woman, and like I said previously, he was into swinging, and the fact that I got offended and angry made him pursue it all the more. As far as money, when you are supporting a family on just your full time salary, have an empty refrigerator, and no other prospects of a weekend job, you get amazingly thick skinned.

Last edited by stoogemania; 11-13-2009 at 09:19 AM..

Old 11-14-2009, 04:39 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,516,774 times
Yeah I would say the prostitute aspect of things was over the top. I guess by definition I am a gigalo because I stay with my wife. Things aren't great between us, but we stay together and she does provide the health insurance so I guess you could say I gigalo myself out for quality health care (LOL)

Seriously, people stay in situations for the strangest reasons...I see that all the time since I am a foster parent. I definitely would not call any of those kids prostitutes, or some of the birth parents either...it often comes down to the lesser of evils.

The saddest part is, letchy anyone is getting worse because its learned behavior. As more people are exposed to it, it expands exponentially and of course television and movies is propogating it too. I mean my parents had foster children with a birth parent do some inapproipriate things to his three kids...who had a few more kids a peiece now. Those parents did the same thing to the grandkids of the orginal perportrator, so now one persons letchy behavior has affected a total of 6 people. If that spreads again we are talking 12-18 more people will potentially grow up thinking such behavior is "normal".

Its a sad world indeed. I hope you hit the bastard hard Stoogemania.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:57 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTap View Post
Well I am sorry you had to deal with that kind of behavior. Farmer or otherwise that kind of stuff just shouldn't happen in 2009, I would like to think farmers (and society as a whole) has evolved a bit more then that.

I wonder though if farmers kind of get a bad reputation for this due to the nature of farming. Don't get me wrong, I am not defending perverts here, but when I had my website, I turned down the offers from google and whatnot to advertise on my site because I had no idea what would pop up. I mean can you imagine what automatic ads would pop up as I talked about "vaginal prolapse", a common issue with sheep breeding, or lambs in heat", "rectal prolapse" or "placenta thickness".

The point is, for farmers, breeding is the life blood of our operation. I grew up around it so I am not at all squeamish talking about this sort of stuff, but I am sure for the general population overhearing me talking on my cell phone to a hired hand, veterinarian or family member could give them the wrong impression. I can see the sideways glances now as I talk someone through a stuck lamb at birth..."now shove your hand into the vagina and start feeling for feet..." (LOL)

Note: Sorry if this post offended anyone but you see my point. It's just the way it is, but as more and more people get away from the farm and food chain, such talk could be misread.
Society has evolved. Evolved into a sexual free for all. Being in a small town or in a city , well, it's everywhere. That whole 'sexual revolution' thing. Now things have 'evolved' to where people don't feel as if they have to hide being on the hunt. I find it odd that people are still shocked by this kind of behavior. LMAO, if I had a dime for every ....lonely housewife ...who calls the plumber hoping for a quick score, and I live in a pretty rural area, I wouldn't have to still be crawling under houses. Yes, it can be quite awkward, but shocking ....hardly. I figger if I lived and worked in a big city, this would be even more prevalent.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:34 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Society has evolved. Evolved into a sexual free for all. Being in a small town or in a city , well, it's everywhere. That whole 'sexual revolution' thing. Now things have 'evolved' to where people don't feel as if they have to hide being on the hunt. I find it odd that people are still shocked by this kind of behavior. LMAO, if I had a dime for every ....lonely housewife ...who calls the plumber hoping for a quick score, and I live in a pretty rural area, I wouldn't have to still be crawling under houses. Yes, it can be quite awkward, but shocking ....hardly. I figger if I lived and worked in a big city, this would be even more prevalent.
It's the "plumber's crack", just drives us gals wild!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living