U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:39 AM

1,297 posts, read 2,072,775 times
Default Humane Society: Facing Federal Rackeetering Lawsuit!

For those of us that raise livestock appropriately, we have seen all to well the PETA and Humane Society level lawsuit after lawsuit charges upon us, but that may finally come to an end. After having a 9 year legal battle thrown out of court due to corruption this December, Feld Entertainment has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against HSUS that will bankrupt them if won.

Basically they are getting a taste of their own medicine and frankly it is about time. Animal cruelty should never be condoned, but neither should fleecing the American people. For years their commercials have been on TV begging for money, yet only one half, of one percent (1/2%) goes to animal welfare. The majority goes to corporate fat cats!

After only two days of publicity, Pilot Travel Centers has seen the light and withdrew their corporate sponsorship with a rumored Bank of America and others considering pulling out as well.

HSUS says they are stunned, but should they be? We all have to eat affordable food and their non-sense lawsuits are driving up the costs of food production and benefiting no one but themselves, and certainly not the animals they are claiming they are helping. Either way you can read more about the 135 page lawsuit here.

Federal Racketeering Lawsuit Stuns HSUS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 10:42 AM

48,742 posts, read 44,874,404 times
humane society is a strange name, do you have a clue how many animals they kill per day?

Old 02-28-2010, 11:01 AM

131,641 posts, read 42,170,852 times
What goes around comes around. It's about time.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:02 PM

16,137 posts, read 21,709,249 times
My reaction when I first heard about this was YES! It is, indeed, about danged time.

I also promptely became a fan of HumaneWatch's Facebook page. Want to keep an eye on this one.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:50 PM

9,555 posts, read 4,593,991 times
The Humane Society of the United States HSUS is definatley a right wing group trying to take away our hunting and fishing rights, going as far as to say riding a horse is cruel...all nutjobs....But not connected to your local humane society that promoted the nuetering of your pets.....

Old 03-01-2010, 01:05 PM

8,759 posts, read 21,570,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
The Humane Society of the United States HSUS is definatley a right wing group trying to take away our hunting and fishing rights, going as far as to say riding a horse is cruel...all nutjobs....But not connected to your local humane society that promoted the nuetering of your pets.....
While they might be considered "right wing" in Cali, I think in most of the country they would be considered more left wing.

But I think "nutjobs" works.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:59 PM

14,327 posts, read 12,994,342 times
Yep, the HSUS is the same as PETA and has been more dangerous to us than PETA because of their lawsuits. I certainly look forward to seeing them bankrupted. They cost us trappers alone a lot of money with their lawsuits and such over the years. And then add in farmers, ranchers, etc. I know they've funneled money to sea shepherd too so would love to see charges of supporting terrorism, but, bankruptcy on corruption would be enough...

Old 03-01-2010, 02:05 PM

16,137 posts, read 21,709,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
While they might be considered "right wing" in Cali, I think in most of the country they would be considered more left wing.

But I think "nutjobs" works.
I have to agree with this. Definitely more left wing than right wing. Not so sure about nutjobs (at least those at the top, who I think are a lot more savvy than most of the members who lap up what they're serving without thinking about it - that's where the nutjobs might come in - and fill the PETA/HSUS coffers in the process).

Old 03-01-2010, 03:16 PM

14,327 posts, read 12,994,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I have to agree with this. Definitely more left wing than right wing. Not so sure about nutjobs (at least those at the top, who I think are a lot more savvy than most of the members who lap up what they're serving without thinking about it - that's where the nutjobs might come in - and fill the PETA/HSUS coffers in the process).
I don't know, there's ties between some of the HSUS's leaders and sea shepherd and ALF too, such as this fellow:
HSUS CRIMINALS

And Heidi Prescott, read bottom of page at: "Chicken Soup" Leaves a Bad Taste in Her Mouth, How About You? by Ms. Jade, TheDogPress Reporter 0608

Old 03-01-2010, 06:10 PM

19,120 posts, read 10,636,448 times
Those wackos are considered to be right wing? That has to be a typo! He must mean left wing.

The Humane Society around me got a hold of a buddies 1,200 pound hog, who broke out, and went missing. We found the hog and every other animal in the place eatting garbage and lots of old green dunkin donuts. It made no difference what kind of animal it was, what ever it was ate what everyone else ate.

The conditions were filthy. In mid day no attendants were around, the hog was sick as were most animals there, so we stole the hog back. There was 0 hay, 0 grain, no cat foods, no dog foods, just garbage real rotting mung garbage filled with flies and vermin maggots.

PETA are a bunch sick wackos, so much so I wouldn't think the Democrates wanted a thing to do with them.

I have personally been accosted out in the salt marsh by PETA, while I was legally hunting ducks. PETA was anything but legally harassing me, so I told them if they didn't leave, they could swim. Since there were ice cakes in the salt water they decided the best thing to do was leave.

Recently I saw a spoof on PETA and bikers, it was a royal hoot to read, but i don't know how to search it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living