U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:38 PM

67 posts, read 146,821 times

Advertisements

1. Don't come live out here and harass me about my livestock stinkin', I don't go into your city and tell you how bad your cars stink, do I?
2. You live 10 miles away from me, there is no way in hell the donky's brayin' is keepin' you awake. Maybe it's that music you want someone in another country to hear.(If I get rid of him, the stock will get ate by predators).
3. Rodeo's are not cruel, go back to watchin' animal planet.
4. Don't ***** at me about the fact there ain't no malls out here.
5. Most people out here eat meat, it's like telling a lion to eat a turnip green, it ain't happening. Plus, what the hell do I have canines for, if not tearing flesh. Go back to your land of soy and stop screamin' that we are murderers.
6. Just because this is a tourist area, dosen't give you the right to wander onto my property.
(People do actually come out her and yell at us. I ain't makin' any of this up.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 08:09 AM

31,146 posts, read 50,309,418 times
Feel better now?

Old 03-16-2010, 11:13 AM

Yes

Old 03-16-2010, 11:32 AM

8,955 posts, read 17,973,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Feel better now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
Yes
If ya wanna feel really good post a huge sign with what you posted on for all the morons that wanna bother you. Then ya'll will feel swell.............

Old 03-16-2010, 03:19 PM

3,858 posts, read 8,503,738 times
Ahhh this old chestnut-the made up war between "city folk" and "country folk." It's like a bad e-mail forward that never dies. This version is so tired I can just cut and paste my retorts to the last one:

Quote:
1. Don't come live out here and harass me about my livestock stinkin', I don't go into your city and tell you how bad your cars stink, do I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Things of this nature are covered under the right to farm act. Farmers cannot be held liable for noise, odors, dust, etc...that are the result of a normal agricultural operation. If someone actually did complain about this (which is much less often than you would have folks believe) it would have no bearing on anything because it's protected by the federal government.
Quote:
2. You live 10 miles away from me, there is no way in hell the donky's brayin' is keepin' you awake. Maybe it's that music you want someone in another country to hear.(If I get rid of him, the stock will get ate by predators).
See above.

Quote:
(I will admit that this one was prompted by some bizarre rant about music being played too loud by "city folk," but no one is crying about rodeo cruelty except the OP)

Quote:
I'll play Hank, Garth, Johnny, Willie, or Waylon loud anytime I want to. Especially when I'm on my way to the longest continuously running rodeo east of the Mississippi-Cowtown, located in beautiful Woodstown NEW JERSEY!
Quote:
I'm lost

Quote:
5. Most people out here eat meat, it's like telling a lion to eat a turnip green, it ain't happening. Plus, what the hell do I have canines for, if not tearing flesh. Go back to your land of soy and stop screamin' that we are murderers.
Quote:
All non-country people are vegetarians? I just spit out my venison burger!
Quote:
6. Just because this is a tourist area, dosen't give you the right to wander onto my property.
A tourist area? You're losing me buddy.

Quote:
(People do actually come out her and yell at us. I ain't makin' any of this up.)
Sure... There's a War on Christmas too...

Old 03-16-2010, 03:57 PM

2,784 posts, read 5,398,517 times
Quote:
I could care less about stinky livestock. A stinky attitude ^^, yes.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:53 PM

4,925 posts, read 9,902,261 times
Quote:
Ahhh this old chestnut-the made up war between "city folk" and "country folk." It's like a bad e-mail forward that never dies.
It's an old chestnut and is like the email that won't die because unfortunately there often is some truth to it. You typically see it in rural areas surrounding growing urban/suburban areas where suburbs now crowd up to working farms that have been in place for at times over a century or more.

In my experience, most of the subdivison people know the farm was there first and respect the farmer's right to work their place. Most farmers I know try to not bother people and even change their schedules on what tasks they can to keep from being a bother...it's all about being a good neighbor.

But, some people just don't/can't/won't grasp that concept.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
A tourist area? You're losing me buddy.
I live near Canyon Lake, Texas.
Quote:
(I will admit that this one was prompted by some bizarre rant about music being played too loud by "city folk," but no one is crying about rodeo cruelty except the OP)
Come to my area, the rich tourists who stay in the $10k lodges with views of the lake grumble about the "barbaric sport", to quote one.
Quote:
I'm lost
The closest shopping place is 45 miles away.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:41 PM

4,805 posts, read 20,529,193 times
It's funny how country folk always lauded as 'nicer', and yet write lists like this.

Whereas city folk are so accustomed to dealing with different strokes for different folks, that they are content to just live and let live.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:53 PM

20,487 posts, read 38,399,828 times
Until they get out in the country, some of them, and then that "live and let live" just vanishes in a puff of smoke.

That's why there's a need for "Right to Farm" laws, and why they were passed in the first place, because of people moving to the country from the city and then trying to legislate the farms out of existence because of things like, well, livestock, and farming, and odors, and noise, that don't fit into their blissful picture of life in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or