U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 01:50 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,579,264 times

Advertisements

I am going to put one on lay-a-way ' the one I want cost $259 ' .

I have read nothing but good things about them .

Anyone here have an opnion of this product ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 01:54 PM

2,777 posts, read 7,194,659 times
I couldn't tell you anything about Excaliber, but I use the American Harvest dehydrator and it works great for a lot less money.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
I couldn't tell you anything about Excaliber, but I use the American Harvest dehydrator and it works great for a lot less money.

Thanks for reply. I'm fairly convinced about this one unless somebody here can tell me a negative on it . This is the only company that allows lay a ways too . We are seniors and need all the short cuts and less aggrevation we can get . Our garden keeps us 'entertained' enough .

Old 04-02-2010, 12:39 PM

587 posts, read 365,231 times
Love my Excaliber dehydrators. I bought the first one in the early 80s. It saw heavy useage. I wanted another and found one on Ebay. Bought it, and it's had a lot of use now too. For performance and clean up ease, I think you'll be very happy.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:34 PM

11,257 posts, read 44,316,643 times
We'd used just about every brand of circular stacking style food dehydrators for years for our fresh vegetables ... tomotoes, onions, peppers ... and always had problems with the uniformity of drying, so had to move trays in the stack, remove some trays while others were still drying, etc. A real pain to use any of them.

I bought our first Excalibur (as an old MWards branded food dryer) off of eBay for $10. A 9 tray model, it's worked beautifully from day one. With the cross flow airflow across each tray from the back, it dries each tray at the same rate. Having the temperature adjustment helps, too, for the different types of foods we dry.

We've now got several of these, all bought at flea markets and farm auctions, so some of them have seen some pretty hard use before we ever bought them. All work great, never a minute's trouble with any, and they're the best in the business in our experience. A pleasure to use compared to any dryer that uses a central column of airflow up through all the trays.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:49 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 4,890,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post

Anyone here have an opinion of this product ?
Ever since I pulled it from the stone, I have only used it to slay dragons.
No warranty included, but it slices just fine.file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Gary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png (broken link)

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Gary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png (broken link)
Excalibur - Sword in the Stone

Old 04-03-2010, 01:48 AM

1,354 posts, read 5,803,374 times
Quote:

Anyone here have an opnion of this product ?
I have had one for a year and it was well worth the money. I have a huge garden and I was able to put up alot of dried foods. It was quite a bit of work, but its paid off alot. I made soup mixes, dip mixes, yogurt, fruit roll ups, snacks, tea mixes, etc. I was able to free up alot of space in my freezer. I also use it to rise bread.

Dehydrate2Store.com | Welcome - Educating and Helping Those Who Want To Learn About Dehydration

I go to this site alot for recipes. You can sign up for a monthly newsletter with new recipes and lots of ideas.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:50 AM

1,354 posts, read 5,803,374 times
Quote:
Thanks for reply. I'm fairly convinced about this one unless somebody here can tell me a negative on it . This is the only company that allows lay a ways too . We are seniors and need all the short cuts and less aggrevation we can get . Our garden keeps us 'entertained' enough .
The Excaliber site also offers floor models and returned units at a discounted price. They have been refurbished and come with the 10 year warranty. You just have to email the owner and ask if any are available.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:55 AM

Thanks yall for the help . I forgot this thread was here . I will be putting one on lay-a-way next month . my garden won't be producing much before July anyway .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or