U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 05:50 PM

42,663 posts, read 75,407,931 times

Advertisements

I bet 90% of those cans say Lite/Light on them, too.

At my supermarket, at least 90% of the beer shelf if occupied by "Coobudiller" (Coors/Bud/Miller), and at least 95% of that is light. When somebody offers me a light beer, I politely decline. I won't even drink it if it's free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 08:51 PM

4,925 posts, read 9,905,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
Same here. Because the stupid idiotic people are the ones who are drinking while driving (...greeeaaat.)
The only ones leaving cans on my place are riding...horses. I don't appreciate it any better because of that, but I just found out a few days ago where they are coming from.

I have them gathered up in a bag...it'll be in their front yard soon.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:25 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,067,124 times
Nature, like Miamonides said, is mainly a good place to throw beer cans on Sunday afternoons.
– Edward Abbey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
How come 95% of all beer cans/bottle litter are either Bud or Coors? We sell plenty of other brands and Microbrews in my area.

Thoughts?
Well, microbrews tend to come in bottles...

Seriously, though, these are cans being thrown out of cars. So, presumably, people are drinking while in the car. Now, normally, one can drink while at places out side of the car (house, yard, restuarant, bar). Therefore, those drinking in the car feel the need to drink at all times. Life would be too strange and surreal to not have a beer in hand. Therefore, one would suppose it would get waaaay to expensive to not drink cheap beer in a can.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:42 AM

624 posts, read 1,042,651 times
Regardless of the brand, my hatred of people that toss their beer cans ,trash is huge.

Let me explain. Every day I walk my Siberian Huskies on a rural road where I live. It is my "special" time where I reflect,exercise, and appreciate the scenery and sky.

Every day I see new trash, beer cans and bottles , and wonder why are people so ignorant. I have picked up the litter, but in two days , the same amount is back.

There is an "open container" law in Virginia that pertains to open alcoholic drinks, it should be repealed.

Last edited by Sunset_Va; 08-01-2010 at 10:34 AM..

Old 04-14-2011, 03:54 AM

1 posts, read 957 times
can anyone return plastic bottles for refund in MI because I would love to start a bottle recycle bussiness in the state of nc but need to know where I can sale the bottles I feel this will help American stay clean and we really need this but if I would have trouble saling the bottles why would I stated collecting them

Old 04-14-2011, 07:28 AM

1,142 posts, read 890,259 times
I like Vermont every can nearly is 5 cents and whiskey bottles are 15 cents! Also it takes 30 cans to make a pound.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:38 AM

3,571 posts, read 3,315,807 times
It blows my mind that there are so many people who litter. The main road leading to my neighborhood is a dumping ground for beer cans, potato chip bags, water bottles, cigarette butts, you name it. Every week I walk up and down the road with a large industrial garbage bag picking up after inconsiderate people who can't seem to understand that the road side is not their personal landfill. I'm not sure the brand of beer one drinks, whether a trendy microbrew or a bud light is indictative of an offender.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:30 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 15,167,767 times
[quote=jtur88;15224790]I bet 90% of those cans say Lite/Light on them, too.

At my supermarket, at least 90% of the beer shelf if occupied by "Coobudiller" (Coors/Bud/Miller), and at least 95% of that is light. When somebody offers me a light beer, I politely decline. I won't even drink it if it's free.[/quot

I'll bet you even chase down your beer with a swig of Johnny Walker Blue.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:37 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 15,167,767 times
Cheap beer cans are littering the roads because underage kids are using their cars as drinking establishments. Once they start drinking in bars they leave their empty's in the bar.

Another thing, it's only beginners who drink lite beers, real men drink imported dark beer.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 AM

3,571 posts, read 3,315,807 times
well, don't know about that. I like good wine, good scotch, bourbon, vodka but have never cared for the majority of microbrews or dark stouts, etc. too many years drinking cheap lite beer to cultivate a taste for anything heavier I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living