Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,067 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I was thinking of moving to Sacramento from Davis since it's more affordable there. I found an apartment that sounds nice but I just wanted to know what the area is like. It's on P St behind the Crocker Art Museum. Thanks for any information .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 10:17 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,277,763 times
It is a very quiet section of Downtown. I wouldn't expect much more than the typical urban nuisances where there are a lot of apartments. Car breakins, bicycle theft, etc.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:58 AM

8,680 posts, read 17,227,748 times
Exactly--it's close to downtown but very quiet. Traffic is very bad during rush hour, with everyone coming in and out of downtown, but you can walk to just about everything you need except a supermarket (the nearest one is Safeway at 19th and S.) One problem with those quiet streets is that there aren't a lot of eyes on the street (mostly office buildings, vacant at night, and apartments designed to face inward rather than out onto the street) so it might not be too safe to walk around at night. I have also heard about car break-ins and car theft, but overall it is a nice complex and during the day it's very pleasant.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:49 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,277,763 times
I walk around there at night frequently. I've never had so much as someone approach me for money or to sell crap they stole, like I do in the section of Downtown I live in.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:13 PM

323 posts, read 1,005,952 times
That area is really safe, and probably makes some sense if you are going to Davis. I know some people who live there, they hang out in Old Sac a lot since it is so close (10 min walk.) Plus you get to tell people you live on 2nd and P, which seems to confuse midtowners. 2nd street is like B street, it keeps disappearing and reappearing depending on where you are on the grid.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:21 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,139,630 times
I like that area, I always park around by Crocker when I go to river cats games. Very safe feel, even at night. Not bad for a downtown location.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:54 PM

2 posts, read 3,067 times
Thanks everyone. I have another question, this isn't about the neighborhood though. I emailed the person to set up a viewing of the apartment...and she told me she wants me to run my own credit report and email her the score I get. She also said to print it out and take it to the viewing. Her reason was that she wanted to weed out people who were not qualified right from the beginning. And then she asked if I could tell her a bit about myself, like my job and hobbies. Is this normal? I haven't emailed her back but this seemed a little off to me. I am very new to this since I just moved out from my house last year. The apartment we're out now checked our credit themselves.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:02 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,245,934 times
Your hobbies MOD CUT?

Credit score is normal though.

Last edited by NewToCA; 07-17-2010 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: language

Old 07-17-2010, 10:03 PM

8,680 posts, read 17,227,748 times
Asking about your hobbies is pretty weird--and any sensible landlord runs their own credit report (that's why they charge an application fee) rather than asking for people to bring in their own, because it's pretty easy to cut out whatever crap score you got and put like 800 FICO in there instead. I suppose she just wants to winnow out people whose hobbies include banging on pots and pans or Great Dane rescue or something. Kind of creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento