U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-18-2010, 03:26 AM

9 posts, read 11,640 times
Default What's the nicest part of Sacramento?

Basically I'm getting relocated to Sacramento (Folsom area to be exact) from Portland, OR to work at the Intel Campus in Folsom. My general feeling is that I might end up having to settle down here because the biggest part of the division I work for is stationed in Folsom, so if/when I move up the ladder most likely I would of moved here anyways.

Point being, I'm looking at neighborhoods and frankly from what friends tell me, each neighborhood in Sacramento is hit or miss. I stayed here once in South Sac (Elk Grove) my ex's family who still lives there, but besides that I don't really know the area.. I don't think South Sac is a good representation of Sacramento, so I was hoping for better advice when I decide to look for a place in terms of Neighborhoods. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 AM

261 posts, read 833,787 times
Why not just live in Folsom or around Folsom? There's not really any "hit or miss" places over there. Just curious.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:56 AM

7,189 posts, read 7,520,019 times
Neither Folsom nor Elk Grove are in Sacramento, to be exact. But yeah, the city of Folsom is fairly nice, and close to Intel.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:01 AM

3,177 posts, read 9,679,299 times
It depends on what your definition of "Nice" is - and how much cash you have to get said "nice neighborhood"

If I had money to burn I'd be living in the Fab Forties or RIGHT along the perimeter of McKinley Park. And that's even if I had to commute to Folsom.

But the higher up the ladder you go - the less 8 to 5 job you'll have - most my C Levels I work with get in at 6 am stay til 8 pm, and LIVE in the office. So commute is not an issue

Old 07-18-2010, 11:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,545 times
You are lucky Folsom is so cool lots of charm! I was born and raised in Orangevale which is next to Folsom. I have been a Realtor in Sacramento for the pasdt 10 years and Folsom is one of the most desired areas without question. Very fun place to live with Folsom Lake lots of beautiful parks and trails very safe comunity with good schools! Downtown Folsom is really nice lots of fun things to do. MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 07-18-2010 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: no advertising in posting, please register as a realtor with a link to your home page

Old 07-18-2010, 05:54 PM

2,573 posts, read 2,706,667 times
Meadowview

Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 PM

293 posts, read 461,123 times
what's your definition of nice... it's subjective. If you're going to be working in folsom my personal preference would be to live there as well. Lots of information on the city in the forum, do a quick search you'll get alot of results on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento