Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:28 AM

248 posts, read 803,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
At 6pm last night I drove out to Rancho to visit a family member, we floated down the American in a raft, the water was cold and refreshing. It was 108 according to the car thermometer, when I left Rancho at 10pm it was 78 according to the car thermometer. 30 degrees difference in 4hrs.
Same here, I was down by the Virgin Sturgeon last night around 8 and the temp was noticeably cooler.
This morning's run was also a little cooler than the past few days-I'm looking forward to Fall....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 11:18 AM

2,499 posts, read 3,248,183 times
Windows are open and we have a cool Delta breeze blowing. Nice..

Old 08-26-2010, 12:53 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,750,868 times
It seems the weather waited for school to begin before it got hot. My daughter's school is really old and it has lousy A/C.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:21 PM

402 posts, read 1,021,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh511 View Post
Just moved here (Rocklin) from Vegas 2 weeks ago. Yeah, it was 106 here today, but the BIG difference:

Tues: Rocklin high - 106 / low - 69
Vegas high - 106 / low - 87
Wed: Rocklin high - 106 / low - 59 fcst (@ 11 pm was 82 degrees)
Vegas high - 107 / low - 84 fcst (@ 11 pm was 95 degrees)

Absolutely NOTHING like Vegas! You get RELIEF here when the sun isn't out. In Vegas? You have no clue it's the middle of the night from the way it feels :-)
My tolerance for this heat is really shocking me. I was one of the people that moved here and couldn't stand it at first. But now, I actually enjoy it . . . and I've never been a big fan of hot weather. It is a dry heat here though so it is bearable and it feels good.

I was actually thinking the other day, "Maybe Vegas or Pheonix wouldn't be that bad afterall, maybe I should give one of them a shot". But you say this heat is more tolerable? Do you say that because the lows are lower here vs Vegas, or do you feel as though for some reason it doesn't feel as hot when both cities are in equal upper ranges (100+)?

Old 08-26-2010, 10:24 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
107˚F? Pfft. When I was still living in Sacto the temp would hit 110˚F at least twice a summer. Dew points in Sacramento tend to be relatively low over the summer, so the air feels cooler then the actual temp. Try living in Minneapolis when it is 'only' 79˚F, 80% humidity, and the dew point at 76˚F. Trust me, you'd wish you were back in a 107˚F Sacto summer day, too.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:36 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,299,161 times
Statistically, Sacramento reaches 110 once every six years.

On an average year, 106 is the highest high.

I'll never understand why people want to insist Sacramento is 110 every summer.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:40 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,299,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casportsfan View Post
My tolerance for this heat is really shocking me. I was one of the people that moved here and couldn't stand it at first. But now, I actually enjoy it . . . and I've never been a big fan of hot weather. It is a dry heat here though so it is bearable and it feels good.

I was actually thinking the other day, "Maybe Vegas or Pheonix wouldn't be that bad afterall, maybe I should give one of them a shot". But you say this heat is more tolerable? Do you say that because the lows are lower here vs Vegas, or do you feel as though for some reason it doesn't feel as hot when both cities are in equal upper ranges (100+)?
People complain about the heat because they refuse to allow themselves to become acclimated to it. Instead, they whine and make up **** that they can't tolerate anything above 70 and make up stories about it being 100+ every day.

I had to walk two miles in the heat both Tuesday and Wednesday. I really didn't feel uncomfortable until I sat down in an air conditioned room.

Likewise, a few good walks during 30-something evenings can acclimate you to colder weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento