Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 01:47 PM

61 posts, read 144,348 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a good old hole in the wall bar. Somewhere where I can have a few beers. Maybe somewhere that not too many people know about. Nothing new and fancy and colorful please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 02:36 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
Ummm exactly what area are you looking at? Just saying "Sac" you can get 100s of answers all over the map.

So my two cents is : The Limelight in midtown/East Sac. It's on Alhambra Blvd.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:28 PM

248 posts, read 803,565 times
Looking for something close to where you live? IIRC, you're in the Howe / Folsom Blvd area- correct?
I used to hit up the Fireside on La Riv. (by Big Lots) or Stingers (Howe & LA Riv area-Mountain Mikes pizza is real close)

The Hilltop on Folsom used to be good spot to knock back a few.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:31 PM

6 posts, read 14,373 times
First post, long time reader, will probably begin to post more. Some thoughts: I don't go to bars too much, but I do enjoy small, very relaxed/divey type places at times. Try these ...remember you said nothing new and fancy... the Round Corner 24th and S. Sacramento Bee employees, nbhd regulars, cheap beer, pool tables. This might be just what you are describing. I have been going to this place very occasionally for 15+ years. The Monte Carlo Club 14th and S. Very racially/age mixed crowd. This place scares some of my buddies, not sure why, always had a friendly vibe to me. Check the Bonn Lair 37th and J Street. This is a small English style pub, I walk to this one on occasion..no DUI's!. Go for the bottled beer if you like cold beer,the tap beer can be warm. Crowd is younger on weekends. More locals ; quieter during the week. Let us know what you think. Cheers...

Old 10-13-2010, 09:58 PM

433 posts, read 1,619,335 times
Since your name is Sac State I assume you are in that area. Fireside is good on Wednesday nights only- $2 wells, good college crowd. Any other day is will most likely be dead. Stingers sucks, you would think it would be a college crowd but it's not, mostly grumpy old timer type of people that don't care for the younger crowd, wierd eh? You might like 2ME's, Torch Club, Back Door Lounge, Old Ironsides, Club Raven (The Dirty Bird), SoCal's, Hilltop Lounge given your description. If you want to check out the most divey bar in Sac go to The Trap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento