Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 AM

86 posts, read 209,781 times

Advertisements

Mather and Rosmont are a lot less desireable than East Sac. Not a lot of trees either.

South Sacramento is still a lot of what you remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 11:28 AM

4 posts, read 6,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
Hi all i grew up in sacto and am now retired and want to return to the area. haven't been back for several years so not that familiar with how the area has grown. but since i've lived in the mountain states for some years i don't want to live in snow country any longer but do like trees and as i remember sacto is pretty wide open. what part of the area has lots of trees? i sorta remember the area around roseville and folsom had lots of trees and then downtown was pretty but don't want to live downtown. am curious about roseville though. has it gown up into a full city with things to do and nice parks? thanks for any input.
I live in Folsom. Yes, it has lots of trees and parks, bike trails for all ages. 60,000 plus people and has all of the shopping, theaters, restaurants you could want. Plus I believe it is very safe. I have ridden my bike at night many many times.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:48 PM

649 posts, read 1,768,951 times
thanks guys for the input. even though folsom is lots more for rent, it sounds like a great place and out of the flood plan i guess?...it'd be great to be near the lake; growing up in north sac and going to folsom lake was the high lite of my summer. folsom is probably cooler in the hot summers than sacto?

Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
It's only 20 miles away. Folsom summers aren't really any cooler than Sacramento summers, and being that much farther from the Delta breezes, perhaps a bit hotter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento