Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,814 times

Advertisements

I am a late twenties lady who currently lives in San Francisco (and loves it). I may have the opportunity to move to Sac to pursue a career of my dreams. I'm just not sure I could moving from SF. Advice?
Things I like:
-Dive bars - especially ones with games like pool, shuffleboard, darts
-Biking everywhere
-hot summers (big plus for Sac)
-gardening (yay being able to grow tomatoes!)
-spending time with my mid sized dog
-Live music
-Hanging out with other young, fabulous, passionate people - this is a big one.
-Skiing! another big plus for Sac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 10:05 PM

661 posts, read 690,946 times
Live near the center and we got it all covered. What area would your job be in?

Old 01-04-2011, 10:47 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,279,161 times
There isn't any skiing in Sacramento, since we're at the bottom of a big flat plain, but the rest is all practical for someone living in the Downtown/Midtown area, and you're two hours closer to the slopes.

Sacramento is a lot more laid-back than San Francisco, but we have our moments. There are community gardens if you're more into apartment/condo living, but a lot of central city houses have enough space for a backyard garden if that's what you're looking for. Sacramento is very, very flat so it makes for excellent bike-riding territory, and there are a lot of local riders' groups like Sac Cycle Chic and the Tweed Ride folks, mostly based in the central city. There is a dog park on the northeast edge of the central city but lots of people just walk around town with their dogs too. Live music is pretty easy to find in the central city once you know your way around, and there are a lot of other venues in the metro area too.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:26 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,546,238 times
Sounds like Sac would be a good fit for you on pretty much all the points you listed. Plus at your age you can take a few chances.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,814 times
I would be working by the capitol. I like the midtown and east sac areas, still get to feel a little neighborhoody while also being close to urban niceties. Are there recommendations for a good place to find rentals? I like vintage real estate but they don't have much, and the sac area Craigslist definitely leaves something to be desired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento