U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,972,766 times

Advertisements

If you are looking up homes in Cameron Park, also look at Rescue and Shingle Springs. Both are very close to Cameron Park but will show up separately in housing searches. There are also non-gated communities in Folsom and El Dorado Hills that aren't the tract-house, small lots that you find in gated communities. Of course, those tend to be homes that are 20+ years old and might need a little updating.

When we were looking for houses a couple years ago, we found Cameron Park difficult b/c many of the available houses were on steep lots as you get more and more hills as you go East from El Dorado Hills. Not so much of an issue if you don't have small children, but unusable for play areas. We also felt that it was a bit too far away from shopping/dining etc. as there is a real rural feel out there. Maybe that's just what you want.

Nina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,957 times
Hi 1 CA,

I just came across your post and was happy to have read it... I envied you because you seem so excited and completely Ok with your decision to move... I too am from Long Island I grew up in Seaford.. My hubby's company would like him to relocate to this area... My hubby is set on it he wants to go like tomorrow but I am still having trouble with it... Our family is devastated about it... I was just wondering how you became so Ok with it??? and how your family has taken it???

tia,
Melissa

Old 02-02-2011, 11:46 AM

61 posts, read 200,317 times
Melissa,
I feel what you are going through. I am originally from California, but lived in NY for about 11 years, where I met and married my husband and had two kids. He is a native New Yorker and his entire family is there. When we told them we were moving to Sac, they were devestated. My husband misses his family a lot. That being said, he doesn't regret the move at all. He hates the cold weather and has no desire to go back to NY. It has been a big adjustment for him, and I fly the kids out to NY constantly. The only way to become okay with the move is to have the desire for a completely different lifestyle. I HATED the rat race of NY. My hubby worked long hours for bosses who expected him to do it without a thought. In NY (and many NE cities) I always felt that work came first and family came second. There is no rat race here. You will notice rush hours are very early here because everyone wants to get off early to enjoy their life. The best part is you can actually enjoy the winter weather because it is incredibly mild. Less people have full time nannies (in fact, I don't know of one person who does) and no one worries abouth where everyone else is "summering" - a term people don't even know here. It is very different, in a relaxing kind of way. My hubbie's family has finally accepted the move and his parents are even considering retiring here (especially after this NY winter!) - they are amazed by the property taxes and realize the lifestyle is a bit easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meli525 View Post
Hi 1 CA,

I just came across your post and was happy to have read it... I envied you because you seem so excited and completely Ok with your decision to move... I too am from Long Island I grew up in Seaford.. My hubby's company would like him to relocate to this area... My hubby is set on it he wants to go like tomorrow but I am still having trouble with it... Our family is devastated about it... I was just wondering how you became so Ok with it??? and how your family has taken it???

tia,
Melissa

Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 AM

320 posts, read 837,984 times
The Pocket isn’t South Sacramento, anymore than Arden is East Sacramento or Natomas is North Sacramento.

Oak Park is also not South Sacramento.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,957 times
Michcoop99,

Thanks so much for the message... you so nailed it exactly with what you said... I feel I would definitely be happier in CA... now I just need to work up the courage ..thanks,Melissa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or